1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Backup help Nexus 6 with Helium

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by justanotherguy, Jun 14, 2016.

1. justanotherguy

justanotherguy Android Enthusiast

May 20, 2010
    Roselle, ILLinois
    So, I am using Helium... I tell it to store it in my google drive... It tells me 51 apps backed up.. I see nothing of the sort in google drive... I select restore, choose an account, it detects there are 51 apps to restore.
    Odd, I expected to actually be able to SEE the folder in my google drive...But whatever..

Next, I usually copy my DCIM folder and Music folder to my C drive, to be safe.. I use SMSbackup to save my texts..
    However, hooking up the phone and setting to 'file transfer' mode, I can see only ONE song in my music folder...and 70 pictures in my camera folder.
    ES explorer tells me I have 800 photos and 150 songs.... What gives? Why is windows explorer not exploring my phone??

Also ES explorer tells me I have duplicate songs in the 'storage/emulated/0/pictures/new folder/
    Windows explorer opens that folder and sees... nothing, empty...

UPDATE:

took the phone to work... plugged it in.. can only see 66 pics and the one song..
    rats

Advertisement

marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    Have you reached out to the dev for the helium app? I've used google backup on its own. (The native backup) for the two times I've voluntary factory reset the moto and it backed up everything with ease.
    Google drive stores all the videos and apps (I use its compression for unlimited storage for photos) and this has worked well for me.

If you are rooted, you may have other issues as well.

3. justanotherguy

May 20, 2010
    Roselle, ILLinois
    not rooted

Ive been racking my brain why I can see hundreds of pics in the photos app, and ES file explorer.. but not from the PC...I only see 70.. oddly enough it seems I can see the first 30 chronologically, and the last 40.. or something like that..
    I have been jerking around with this alot.. I cleared external storage and media storage cache and data.. I think I lost pics there, though the count gets higher every time I reboot the phone..
    honestly, this is a hot mess and I cant understand why this is so hard...

So I rebooted it a couple times... ES file explorer said I had 300 pics... then it said more...this time there is 881 pics. so they are "back"
    as of now ES says 124 in music, was 152 before...

The pc can now 'see' 709 pics (the rest might be in different folders)
    but the pc 'sees' only 87 songs...

Honestly, I think I give up on what I think is in the phone at this point....

#3 justanotherguy, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    It might be a Windows thing. Do you have access to a Linux box you could try?

marctronixx likes this.
  5. justanotherguy

May 20, 2010
    Roselle, ILLinois
    I could take it to my friends.. But I will say that after clearing external storage and media storage data/cache, windows sees an awful lot more files than it did....

Tags: