• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup Help

Pedro7

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2010
hey, i've got a 8gb class 6 micro sd on the way, so i want to back up everything from my current memory card. i've plugged my phone into the computer, opened up the disk drive in my computer, but i can't locate any of my images and videos..

i plan on wiping the card clean, and turning it into a goldcard, seperate for the card im going to be using, just in case i need to flash an original RUU back onto the phone if anything goes wrong with rooting..

any help?

cheers

odd, i found out how to import all the pictures and videos, and there were pictures of the various websites i've gone on, aswell as pictures of the different articles i've clicked on from an engadget news feed.

my anti virus also went crazy!

anybody got any ideas why?

Upvote 0
not too bothered with apps. i have no useful apps, so im only backing up the photos + videos, then formatting the whole memory card. any app that i want, i shall re download :)

want the card completely wiped, gonna turn it into a goldcard

don't know, it picked up about 6 different things, all with the same name, but deleted them straight away. did a scan afterwards, didnt find any viruses or spyware, so it might have just been kicking up a fuss for nothing :p

Upvote 0
You should be able to delete the PHONE contacts and it should leave the google ones alone Are the contacts linked? (When you open up the contact details in top right and corner it tells you what king of contact it is sim,phone,google or linked and possible facebook or something but I dont facebook so dont know)

Or you could just hide the phone contacts perhaps in menu --> view

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones