1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Backup Help!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gmoldovan, Jan 20, 2012.

1. gmoldovan

gmoldovan Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    So i did a backup using clockwork (and titanium for apps) and then i flashed a new rom and then in the settings>storage i formatted my usb storage to make the phone all new. then i got all my apps back with titanium but then realized that i didn't have the pictures + downloads folder. so i restored my backup and that one didn't have the pictures either! Did me deleting the usb storage delete everything and clockwork doesn't save that part or what? is there anyway to get it back? thanks

(galaxy s2 going from stock to unnamed rom)

Advertisement

2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    well last time i check clockwork does backup that part, try this boot into clockwork mod do a factory reset then go to backup and restore choose advance restore go to your backup that you did then choose restore data that should fix the problem but if not i want you to do a factory reset again then boot into clockwork mod again restore your backup stock system and your data. repeat the steps to restore your data up there ^

gmoldovan likes this.
  3. HowDoiUseAndro

None

That is very strange. One thing you might want to try is using the "Nandroid Browser" App. It allows you to browse the files in a nandroid backup and restore them individually. Will be interesting to see if they pictures show up in the backup.

gmoldovan likes this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    First before getting to this

+1 for Nandroid browser

Ok now on to this. USB storage is your SDCARD You deleted all your pictures and downloads. Not sure how much you have used the card but if you don't write a lot to it and you have a card reader you can probably get back some of the stuff you lost. PhotoRec is your answer. This is a very powerful program and is command line. Good luck and always remember to backup the SDCARD before changing things or wiping things this can save you some aggrivation.

gmoldovan likes this.
  5. gmoldovan

gmoldovan Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    So i tried everything you guys said and nothing, they're gone. its okay but now I'm kinda pissed off that cwm doesn't save the internal sdcard. what I've figured out is that formatting usb storage deletes the internal sdcard and cwm doesn't back that up at all, so all the pictures and downloads saved there (by default) aren't saved if something happens. so I'm guessing that cwm just saves the system data (like roms) and the app data. which technically doesn't make it a full restore of how the system was when you backed it up (like when i restored to a previous backup it didn't have my previous pictures, it still had the pictures I've taken since i lost everything).