1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Backup - how complete?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbruce1314, Jan 1, 2012.

1. rbruce1314

rbruce1314 Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Just a quick question: I have 'backup pro' installed and have backed up everything possible. If I now do a total (hard) reset (for continuous faulty clock problems mentioned elsewhere on the forum), then how much of the settings etc. will I get back using the 'restore' function? Do I get it all back (phone as it was before), or are there things missing?

In other words does 'backup pro' do a complete job or will I have to fiddle around for hours after the reset??

Thanks

Advertisement

2. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    If youve got an unlocked bootloader install CWM which will do a fully system backup

3. rbruce1314

rbruce1314 Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Not rooted or bootloaded so no help - sorry; not what I asked.....

4. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Social media coordinator at Sony Mobile
    I read on the description of the app and it seems as it will restore most of the settings on the phone. But I don't think that it will restore the Homescreen setup that you have at the moment nor any added words to the dictionary. So I don't think it will take you too long after the restore to have everything back the way you have it right now.

rbruce1314 likes this.
  5. rbruce1314

rbruce1314 Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Thanks for that - I coincidentally found that out the hard way a couple of days ago when the phone totally crashed for the first time (My 5800 used to crash at least once a fortnight :mad: :D). As you say, it creates its own homescreens AND app screen order - - took an age to get back, not to mention the album art (off topic!). S'pose it depends on your definition of "not too long".....;)

6. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Social media coordinator at Sony Mobile
    Well I must say that even if it was the hard way (really bad that it happened to you :eek:) I'm glad that it is the way you want it right now :)

7. 2012

2012 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    UK
    I doesn't get everything back exactly the same but it takes care of a lot of things that do take ages to replace yourself so you spend a lot less time reinstalling apps. The main reason I use it is things like the call/sms/data logs that apps make are replaced after the wipe so you haven't lost your history.