• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup Issues - Help me for the love of god (please)

Hey, okay so I'm trying to backup my hero so I can download the update for the phone and I'm having A LOT of trouble. First I tried the HTC Sync between my phone and computer and I've opened Sync from the phone and installed it on my computer but when I search for it with my phone to sync it says it can't locate it on my computer. I've tried restarting my computer and everything and even as I'm staring at an open HTC Sync window which has a little "disconnected" in italics at the bottom right corner as if to mock me my phone doesn't register.

THEN I tried backing up to gmail...well I went to Contacts, Menu, Sync Exchange contacts, and then after typing in my Email and Password it asks me for some information I'm not sure how to give. The next menu asks for my "Exchange Domain Name" which I have no clue what the hell that is...Someone please help me I'm going mad right now and I just want to update my phone but I need my contacts obviously.

Any help is appreciated.

When you saved your contacts it asked you which you want to save them to phone or gmail account. So whatever you selected, will be where the contacts are stored.

I don't have my Hero near me right now, so I couldn't tell you how to do it manually.

Download My Backup from the market. It lets you back up almost everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones