1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backup Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rytenuff, Sep 4, 2011.

1. rytenuff

rytenuff Lurker

I would be grateful for a suggestion for a program which will backup and save my kernel. I intend to root my phone with an insecure kernel then restore the original kernel. (after I read a LOT more on the subject!)

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

hmm, which kernel do u have at the moment? u can find the stock kernel on xda forum, u dont have to back it up.. download it, and just flash it after u've rooted the insecure kernel. u can find it here

[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KF1/2/3/4/, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/2/3 Download - xda-developers

however, if ur planning on rooting, i'd recommend the CF root method. this way, u dont have to flash an insecure kernel and root it, then flash back stock. u just flash the CF root kernel which is (obviously) already rooted. u still need the stock kernel though, which u can find on the above link. the CF root stuff and guide is here:
    [17.08.2011][CF-Root v4.1] KE2/7/8, KF1/2/3/4, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/3 - su+bb+CWM4 - xda-developers

rytenuff likes this.
  3. rytenuff

rytenuff Lurker

I have not received my phone yet, only ordered it yesterday so I don't know which kernel I will have. I would still like to find a program which will backup the original kernal in any case. Do you or anybody else know of such a program?
    I found this but it is no longer available (I think):
    Backup, Restore And Flash Samsung Galaxy S Kernel With SGS Kernel Flasher

Thanks

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

i dont know of any such program and i dont think its necessary :) i understand ur worried about changing anything with ur new phone, but intratech (the user on xda forum) posts 100% stock kernels and firmware, and no one has had any issue with them, so dont worry about it.

rytenuff likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews