• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup Nexus 7 over WIFI

joshwd36

Lurker
Apr 11, 2012
The Micro USB socket on my Nexus 7 has broken, and I can only charge it using the docking pins on the side. I am going to send it back, but before I do I would like to backup all of my apps, pictures, videos and music. I realise I must do this over WIFI, but I haven't been able to find a tool to do it with. Does anyone know any good tools? My tablet is not rooted

I have used an app called Airdroid to sync wirelessly before. Did you get an estimate on how much the repair will cost, if so do you mind saying how much? My nexus fell while charging so the USB port is now mangled. I called Asus but they couldn't give me an estimate.

I got mine from Amazon, and so they should give me a replacement as I only bought it 5 months ago. However, since they seem to be ingnoring my emails, I am thinking of buying a micro USB port from Farnell for about

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones