1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backup phone as an image so can restore later?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dorlow, Mar 26, 2016.

1. dorlow

dorlow Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Since getting it, I've had a lot of problems getting it to last a day on a charge. I was trying lots of things to get it to last. First I rooted it and tried a few different apps to get the battery to last but still was almost dead at about noon. I then put a custom recovery on it and installed cynogen and had nothing but problems with any OS I tried. I then re imaged it to default factory image and factory recovery and rerooted it and some reason the battery life so far is really good and everything is working perfect. I know it's not going to last. It would be nice if I could make a complete image (with the sd cards two partitions) and someday when it's messing up and crashing and the battery life has tanked, I could restore the phone to the image made today and make it work perfect without any effort or troubleshooting. Is there a way to do this?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by JimSmith94, Mar 27, 2016 (1 points)
  3. jrmylk

jrmylk Lurker

Yes dorlo, you can use Titanium Backup or Clockwork Recovery to get an exact image of what you have now.

4. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Android Enthusiast

I don't think Titanium Backup will give you an "exact image" backup, but a nandroid backup through your custom recovery will for sure.

electricpete and svim like this.
  5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Yes. A Nandroid backup through your custom recovery allows you to restore your phone (within a given version of Android).