• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup Phone contacts Online

I have a Captivate. My ATT phonebook DOES NOT WORK, i cannot get it to sync it never has worked.

So my Question is HOW can i backup my Phone contacts to a server Online?

Google contacts. You may have to export them and import them, but 99% of people with Android phones use Gmail and its automatic sync to backup calendar, contacts, and email.

Upvote 0
I have a Captivate. My ATT phonebook DOES NOT WORK, i cannot get it to sync it never has worked.

So my Question is HOW can i backup my Phone contacts to a server Online?

Checkout Lookout Mobile Security, it has a remote data backup feature, and you can restore to any droid/blackberry phone. Great app has saved me from pulling my hair out a couple of times :)

Upvote 0
ok i have LOOKOUT and it doesnt backup up S**T online, i cant get it to save anything, but can someone dumb down the Google contacts way? Like maybe a quick step by step? please?

I have the same problem with Lookout, it will not back up my contacts like it says it will, although I do love the remote locate of my phone. Anyone know how to fix the Lookout issue so it will backup my contacts?

Upvote 0
ok the FAQ didnt answer anything... But i figured out you have to go to Contacts>menu>more>Import/export>Gmail account.

Hope that helps some ppl, i just dont know if i have to do that everytime i add a new contact..

That only helps if you only use your Google account to store all your contacts. This isn't a desired solution for many people but maybe the simplest if you're looking for synced backups. There are other solutions that will back up your actual phone contact list online.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones