1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Backup Phone - Issues with Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xruptor, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Can anyone recommend another App that does what Titanium Backup does? I seriously get frustrated with this app (I can't believe I paid for this garbage). Sure it makes backups fine, and sure it has some nice neat tools.

However it almost always has a problem RESTORING a backup. It either hangs or it crashes. I usually have to end up freaking restarting the phone or trying to stop the Service and Application manually. Yes I put it on 'indirect' mode before it's mentioned. That didn't work either. I just get frustrated that this program is so random.

If anyone can recommend a app that is similar to Titanium in that it backups and restores apps. I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
  3. Xruptor

None

Jun 17, 2011
    I've seen this one but I read it isn't as flexible and featured pack as Titanium Backup. Does it perform well? Is it worth it? ;) Would love to hear your opinion on it.

4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    idk never used anything but titanium backup :p just wanted to give you options

Xruptor likes this.
  5. Xruptor

None

Jun 17, 2011
    LOL ;) Oh well thanks for the response then Shabby. I've give it a look. Though I've grown so used to Titanium Backup.

6. DaddyZap

DaddyZap Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Selling stuff
    Boston
    I have used Titanium several times restoring apps I have deleted It works great for me. I am rooted. factory rom, except with shabby build.prop

7. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    Financial Services
    Savannah, GA
    I have used both Titanium and mybackup root. I have to say that all in all I like Titanium better. mybackup is much easier to use and understand intuitively. I was a little overwhelmed by Titanium at first and was not sure I was using it properly. They both are good, but Titanium is the more powerful of the two.

8. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans
    I too agree with everyone else that Titanium Backup is probably the best back up app out there by far. I'm sorry that it's not working the way it's suppose to. As for my experience I haven't had any major issues with using it. Not only does it back up everything like apps and their data(including system) but I found out once you restore your apps you can convert them to system(rom) or system to internal! Truly one of the most powerful tools for a rooted phone ;)

9. Mnemonic

Mnemonic Member
    None

Jun 23, 2011

If the apps you are attempting to restore were moved to your system/app folder TB has issues with restoring.

Other than that anything in the data/app folder seems to restore just fine.

Perhaps update your superuser and check the TB main screen to make sure its using busybox and sqlite. Most likely it will be using its own version of BB as the one with the root is outdated 1.17.x and my TB is using 1.18.x.