• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup private applications

druss2001

Nov 11, 2009
Without having to backup the entire data partition, is there a program that will backup 'private' applications. For example, I am using Astro File Manager. When I go to Application Manager/Backup, some programs are listed as private so I can't select them to backup.

Thanks,
Dave

I've been through several. The only one which proved worthy = AppControl. Tells you up front how many apps are loaded, then backs em ALL up, reflecting the number handled. The numbers always match, and I've been relying on it for a couple of months now.

One caution: the uninstall does NOT always do a complete job, resulting in apps with greyed out "install" and "open" buttons in the market. Only 2 cures-- when the affected app is updated, or a complete wipe. Nonetheless, AppControl is so good otherwise that I continue to use it.

Reactions: killabee44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones