• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backup Question..

Wally World

Android Expert
Dec 28, 2010
Ok, newb in rooting relm and have a question.

Stock Rom, rooted, installed Titanium BU, Koush's Bootstrap. I froze a few of the bloatware apps and made a nandroid backup. Is this the right way to do it? Or should have I made the backup without anything frozen?

Ok, newb in rooting relm and have a question.

Stock Rom, rooted, installed Titanium BU, Koush's Bootstrap. I froze a few of the bloatware apps and made a nandroid backup. Is this the right way to do it? Or should have I made the backup without anything frozen?

probably good to have a clean backup but it is easy to defrost apps in TIBU so no worries.

Upvote 0
probably good to have a clean backup but it is easy to defrost apps in TIBU so no worries.

+1

So when/if the OTA updates come out, I can install the backup then I probably need to unfreeze everything in order of it to work?

In theory yes.

App/data backup should also be part of your backup scheme. Titanium Backup (free) is a good start, but it will only save the latest backup. The Pro version will save many more. Your first backup (every backup if using free version) should be all apps - all data.

If I were to do it over, I'd root, install bootstrap recovery, rom manager, and Titanium before making my first recovery backup.

EDIT: just reread your post and realize you have Titanium Pro. Still others read and learn from these posts so will leave my rant. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones