1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Backup settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkworld260, Feb 11, 2011.

1. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    ok this is really annoying and i bet someone has a solution. :)
    So everything i flash a new row i have to go through the same annoying process type in gmail and facebook info go in and change brightness setting down to low and add my wifi settings again. And a couple of other settings is their a way where i can back these settings up or something and restore them cause i really hate typing in my info after ever flash......

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Yes, it can be done with Titanium Backup, but if you do a batch restore across ROMs (or even ROM updates), you're likely to cause a lot of problems. It might not be an issue, but if you start having weird problems, it can be hard to troubleshoot. The problem is that it can very easily restore things between ROMs that are incompatible. That being said, you could go through the backed up system settings in TB one at a time, but that would take just as long as just setting everything manually. All that being said, my advice is to just deal with it, and save yourself potential headaches that will make you waste even more time.

3. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    lol ok i guess if i try to be lazy about it i could make up for it trying to fix the problem so i will just do it the old fashion way ty for the response and info!

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    No problem :). You're free to try restoring settings between ROMs with TB, just don't say I didn't warn ya if you run into problems ;).

5. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Unfortunately that comes with flashing a new ROM. I've flashed several new ROMs this week and have the process down pretty well. Appbrain, SMS, bookmarks, TiB some settings. But I reinstalled everything in about 45 minutes tonight after flashing a new kernal. The good news is that after all the constant flashing of ROMs I have my wifi password memorized!

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Since having a slew of issues a month or so ago I manually set them now.. and only restore apps with tv...not data+( except a few game saves) most issues were never seen again

7. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Yep, trial and error is how I discovered the same thing. I can't tell you how much time I wasted trying to figure out certain issues that could have been avoid had I just restored certain things manually.

Tags: