• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup Solution - What's your's ?

tef89

Android Enthusiast
May 26, 2010
Since getting my phone about a month ago I must have reset it about 10 times or more trying to correct various issues etc. Most recently It had lasted a good few weeks before the missing vibration returned and invoked me to reset.

I've tried the inbuilt system backup (that seemed to half work but still left a ton of setting up to do).

I then tried Sprite backup, that again did some of things it promised but not the real painful stuff like dictionary etc.

I've also tried MyBackup pro, firstly I did an apps and data restore, this created a continual loop of forced restarts advising a launcher app had failed. I then did just a dictionary and bookmarks restore, this failed to put the dictionary back.

So my question is really, what backup solution do you use ? and does it work, cos that's what I'd like, one that works and restores what it says it will.

Not really bothered about backing up my SDcard, just my system settings, apps, dictionary etc - you know the stuff that's a real pain to re-input - which seems to be a common occurance with this handset :)

I use mybackup pro to backup apps and all data remotely onto the server, incuding contacts sms playlists etc.

and astro to backup app onto the sd card, so i can then uninstall them and still have quick access to them without having to re-download them from the market.

oh, and i copy my whole sd card to my pc every so often.

Upvote 0
and astro to backup app onto the sd card, so i can then uninstall them and still have quick access to them without having to re-download them from the market.

Oh yes and I do this.

oh, and i copy my whole sd card to my pc every so often.

I do this automatically when I plug my desire into my pc.

Upvote 0
So has anyone found a solution that actually successfully backs up contacts (with pictures), Mail accounts & User Dictionary ?

MyBackup pro seems to handle the apps side fine (albeit without the settings) but I find the three above a real pain.

I think it's a real shame a solid one-stop backup solution hasn't been implemented on a platform like Android, either via the PC or indeed to the SDcard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones