1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backup system apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nintendo1889, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Android Enthusiast

Before I start the whole update of Google now, chrome, hangouts etc... I want to back up the original versions on this phone. Which app can do this?

Also if I use titanium's auto backup feature, is it possible to get it to backup to an sdcard? I'm confused by the emulated sscard directory. Which one is real and which one is a symlink?

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Titanium will work to backup everything. It will not back it up to the SD card. Once backed up you can move the whole folder to the SD card, but you will need to move it back to the internal storage to restore anything.
    What you could do after moving over to the SD card is delete Titanium from the phone then install it again, letting it make another Titanium folder that's empty on the internal. Then when you want to restore one, or just a few apps, copy and paste from the SD card to the empty one on the internal storage.
    Kind of complicated, but the only way I know to keep the usable free internal storage space up.

Nintendo1889 likes this.
  3. Nintendo1889

Interesting, titanium backup has always had an option to set a specific directory as it's data directory. But it would require hacking the SD card to make it read/write. This screenshot is from the lg motion, though. Haven't installed it yet on my l70.

[​IMG]

4. Nintendo1889

I have it installed on the l70 but I can't backup any system apps, it just says "backup up" forever, and it's not pointed at the external sd card, it's backup folder is on the pseudo internal sdcard. I changed it from /media/emulated/0 to /mnt/******* and the backup still never finishes. I am using Titanium backup 3.9.0.1, I should probably upgrade from this ancient version. Hopefully Titanium will recognize it's old backups.

Edit: Ok, Titanium version 6 was successful at backing up system apps. Woohoo!

Which app is Google Now? Is it Google Search?

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews