• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help backup the phone

mmosier

Lurker
Nov 2, 2008
Houston
Hay all

I have my phone and all my apps perfect. I have notes and tasks, passwords, well a bunch of stuff that I have input and I would hate to loose everything if the phone crashes. I know that gmail is synced so calendar, email and contacts are good but what about all the info for the apps I loaded.

Mmosier :eek::D

Check out the app PTextEdit it might just be the best app so far for this situation, since it writes your files to the SD Card in txt format. This way a crash won't hurt "as much", and if you remember to sync the card to a location on your PC once in a while you should be set.

I am going to try and sync my files to dropbox. I have no idea if you can do that, but then it would really back them up.

Anyway..hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones