• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backup with Locked Bootloader

Hi all,

Just rooted my nexus one and I'm loving it so far (first time rooting). However as I used the one click root app my bootloader is still locked (and I'd like to keep it that way) and I'm just wondering how to do a complete phone backup in that circumstance.

To use nandroid I believe you need a custom recovery image and I don't think that's possible while the boot loader is still locked. Although I hear there may be a workaround for this. Anybody know or maybe if there's an alternative?

I'm really looking forward to trying out metamorph and a custom keyboard manager that allows different keyboards in landscape and portrait.

Hi all,

Just rooted my nexus one and I'm loving it so far (first time rooting). However as I used the one click root app my bootloader is still locked (and I'd like to keep it that way) and I'm just wondering how to do a complete phone backup in that circumstance.

To use nandroid I believe you need a custom recovery image and I don't think that's possible while the boot loader is still locked. Although I hear there may be a workaround for this. Anybody know or maybe if there's an alternative?

I'm really looking forward to trying out metamorph and a custom keyboard manager that allows different keyboards in landscape and portrait.

I just ROM Manager in concert with nandroid. I used one click root and I routinely do backups when I'm about to make a change.

Reactions: Ozymandias88
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones