1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backup with temp rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fyaajster, Feb 10, 2011.

1. fyaajster

fyaajster Lurker

I just got a new MT4G and I did a temp root and it's working fine.
    My question is can I make a backup of my system before I attempt to permanent root, because when I'm in recovery mode I did not see nandroid.

Do I have to install recovery.img first using the temp root or will I have to permanent root first then I can do a Nandroid backup using custom recovery.img

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. First of all which meth are you using to root? Visionary Plus? If so look in Visionary you will see at the bottom Temp root after reboot System Read/Write after root so check them both and click on TempRoot.

If you don't understand then look at the video or I could walk you though the steps if you are confused.

3. rugmankc

rugmankc Member

HKM,

Where was this when I spent two weeks trying to figure out how to install SDK and unlock/root my N1?

Assume this is like the one-click for the N1 and doesn't unlock the bootloader. Hence, an OTA like GB could unroot you. Saw it had a checkbox to unroot also.

So, no unlocking bootloader and warranty intact, just no fastboot capability--right?

Will get my free MT4g tomorrow that son will use. That is reason for post here.

Thanks,

Ken

4. fyaajster

fyaajster Lurker

@HKM
    Thanks for your help I finally P-root it.