• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ivanhead

Nov 9, 2009
OK I am anal.

BB users ALWAYS back up on their computer. What is this Google syn shit? I don't want to count on the internet to restore my stuff, I want a backup on MY computer, not googles.

Is there a way to back the Driod up on your computer? I can't get a straight answer from V.

This syn stuff? OK how do I restore my stuff. I am VERY nervous about this.

Need a backup plan, stuff crashes! What am I missing?

Thanks I read this earlier, I don't think this will work on Android2.

Also looks to me to be a work around. BB has a straight out backup and restore program FREE with the phone, where is Moto's??

This is a major problem and I can not get any straight answer. Where is my backup or syn?? The phone says it is automatically syning? Where???

Upvote 0
Try Funambol. It allows you to create an account online, and download the program to your phone... For right now you can only back up your contacts but eventually you should be able to do calendar tasks and emails I believe. It just stores them on their server under your account name and you can retrieve them from any phone with Funambol installed as long as you have a 3G or wifi connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones