1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root backups in recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by goingdead, Dec 9, 2011.

1. goingdead

goingdead Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    when you make a backup in recovery, does it overwrite the last backup you made? or does it save all backups in a specific folder? if so, which folder on your sd card are they located in and can you delete them without messing your phone up?

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    It doesn't overwrite your prior backups. The folder is on the SD card and depends on what recovery you are using, look for a folder on the SD that has a similar name to your recovery. You can delete them if you wish and it won't have any affect on your phone, I would suggest keeping at least 1 backup on your
    SD ;) just incase

goingdead likes this.
  3. goingdead

goingdead Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    found them, thanks again yeahha n_n

4. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Washington DC
    I keep at least one backup of each ROM i am running (read that switching between...call me moody) and list it by date with the ROM name. Most allow some naming flexibility other than just the date/time stamp usually assigned by the recovery. Have run Clockwork, Revolutionary but like RZ best. Lots of features that make it easy to manage (like the option to automatically reboot after a backup/Restore). Check out the thread on hboots/recoveries/etc. http://androidforums.com/thunderbol...0-radios-recoveries-hboot-updated-9-24-a.html

SS