• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bad apps listing?

I'm not sure if it's of interest to anyone else, but I was wondering today why we don't have a thread (stickied?) that lists known bad apps? Here's where I first caught wind of this sort of thing a few weeks back (Lookout's App Genome Project warns about sketchy apps you may have already downloaded -- Engadget). What really got me thinking was when I was listening to yesterday's Buzz Out Loud podcast, and they mentioned an Android music player that was causing phones to text a certain number and rack up huge bills, to the gain of said music player's developer(s). I'm not sweating this as it was happening in Russia, but they neglected to mention the name of the trojan horse. So to the point, can't we start a list of known malware, to help ourselves avoid trouble? The only rule I would propose for this would be that you can't post it if you can't source it with a link or something, to sorta keep things in check. Thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones