• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad Battery, bug, or sweat damage?

e3fowler

Lurker
Jul 7, 2011
My phone is on life support. So I took it to the store and they opened it up and showed me the smallest amount of water damage. It's never been in the water but I do wear it tucked into my shorts when working out to listen to music... So sweat or Florida's humidity is the only reason I could think of..

The phone pretends to charge but never gets much more then a quarter even if left in the charger over night. It also rapidly loses it's charge. This has been happening getting increasingly worse for a few weeks now. I've had the phone for about 8 months...

The store won't take the phone back because it's been "water damage" but the water damage strip on the battery it self hasn't been touched.

Any helpful hints on how to combat this problem?:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones