• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bad battery life ?

subclavian

Have you used a Android Phone before? because the battery indicator at the top of the screen is not a brilliant indication of battery.

Maybe if we saw the percentage used but we can't.

Galaxy S is meant to have one of the better battery lifes of all android phones have a look at these:

Samsung_Galaxy_S_Battery.jpg

Samsung_Galaxy_S_Power.jpg

Samsung_Galaxy_S_Portability.jpg

Upvote 0
Can anybody tell me why there is a diff. between what Samsung Singapore and Samsung Internationally says about the batt. standby time?
Samsung Singapore = Standby time up to 250 Hrs Galaxy S - Specification - Samsung Mobile Singapore
Samsung International = Standby time up to 750 Hrs
SAMSUNG mobile - GALAXY S
- Pretty big difference dont you think? could this be because they stopped delivering the G9 battery and instead went for the G7? this is of cause only speculations, cant say that there are any truth about this.

Upvote 0
I would say the 250Hrs is closer to realistic but I doubt the device can reach even close to 120hrs of standby.
That of course depends on what you have active. A poster on an Asian board had charged his SGS on a Wednesday and four days he was on 40%. He had only used 2G though, but he had made some calls and fiddled around with settings so it wasn't just standby.

But as usual it's not a good idea to buy a smart phone with high hopes of battery life.

Upvote 0
Why can't the differences in battery life be due to signal strength? Maybe some places have a weaker signal so the phone needs to increase power to maintain it. All the phones I've owned in the past sucked the battery down when somewhere with little reception. My Blackberry could go days on standby, but if the signal was poor in a hotel I was staying at, the phone would be dead by morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones