• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bad deal? average deal?

Not bad :) I chose against T Mobile phone as ive heard alot about poor network coverage, particularly in the Cambridgeshire area. Vodafone have atleast 3g coverage somewhere near where i live as well and seems pretty good :)

500MB is the limit, although i read a response on an offical forum from a vodafone employee that the limit is not enforced. However, I will be discussing this with them tommorrow as I am still within my right to return my phone (14 days). Unlimited is misleading when the fair usage policy limit is so low.

Upvote 0
I have just phone called them, although the limit is 500MB (makes a joke out of unlimited), they say that its only if you keep on going over this, that they rarely charge or do anything about it.

Never the less, 500MB is 16.6MB a day, which I am likely to go over with my email sycronisations, browsing the internet on the bus etc.

Does anyone know my rights to cancelling my contract? i ordered through carphonewarehouse. My understanding is that it is my right within 14 days if I am unhappy.

Upvote 0
Be very careful with the free international minutes. They may be free for you, but it may not be for the person recieving the phone call.

An example was my friend in belgium who was being charged 30 euro cents a minute to recieve my phone call, although i was paying to call, the same will apply to if i was calling out of some inclusive allowance.

I think only home phones are safe, but we await my friends phone bill.

Upvote 0
I went with Orange cos I wanted 2-1 cinema tickets. :D
500mb FUP .... I wonder if they DO enforce it.
Never had this problem with them and I've definitely went over the limit more than few times and the coverage + Wednesdays are superb - good choice :)

Also - watch out for cancelling contracts under the 14-day policy with Yodafone. It took my 5 months to unwind it, receiving bills for over

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones