1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bad ESN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ryanjayx, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ryanjayx

ryanjayx Member
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    I bought a new phone, and long story short, it has a bad esn for non payment. I even asked Verizon before I bought it and they said it was good to go.

What I'm wondering is there anything I can do? Suddenly I can't get a hold of the original seller. I called Verizon but they just said that I have to get the original seller to pay his bill and trade phones on the account. Are there any other options? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. skilaufen

skilaufen Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Something
    Somewhere
    It depends on how you paid for it and where you bought it. Also do you have the name and information of who you spoke to at Verizon.

If you paid through paypal and got it off of ebay you can dispute it through paypal. If you used your credit card then you could dispute it through them. If you paid cash then sadly you may be out the money.:(

If you verified the ESN with Verizon make sure the ESN that you used to verify it and the ESN on the phone are one in the same. Hope this helps some.

3. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
    Get ahold of eBay or Paypal. and file a report. If that gets you no where you're SOL

Tags: