• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad experience so far with USB connection

I connected my SF to my computer using the supplied cable and it charges no problem, but when the USB mode is set to Mass Mode, I get an unformatted drive in Windows 7 x64. Then I change it to Media Sync and it pops up as a SCH-i500 device and I can copy files to it, but after a few files, the USB connection dies and the SF says that the transfer is completed and it needs to shut down Media Sync. But after that, I can't get the USB connection to work unless I reboot my PC or plug into a new USB port.

I am trying to use MediaMonkey to sync my music and it's just a terrible experience. Any thoughts on how to get the USB connection to work better?

I tried installing the 64 bit drivers but Windows 7 keeps telling me that I have the best driver (not ones from the Samsung download). Also I am in Mass mode with USB Debugging on. Do I have to root my fascinate for this?

When I go into the Disk Management, it shows me a Samsung SCH-i500 Card USB Device but populates to 0MB.

Media Mode only seems to work, but then dies while transferring.

EDIT: I noticed when I connect in Mass Mode, I have to pull down the notifications and click on the USB notification to Mount. Now I have a populated drive. Strange that it took that extra step.

Upvote 0
I tried installing the 64 bit drivers but Windows 7 keeps telling me that I have the best driver (not ones from the Samsung download). Also I am in Mass mode with USB Debugging on. Do I have to root my fascinate for this?

When I go into the Disk Management, it shows me a Samsung SCH-i500 Card USB Device but populates to 0MB.

Media Mode only seems to work, but then dies while transferring.

EDIT: I noticed when I connect in Mass Mode, I have to pull down the notifications and click on the USB notification to Mount. Now I have a populated drive. Strange that it took that extra step.
No thats common. You always have to mount to go to the sdcard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones