1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bad experience so far with USB connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmar89, Sep 25, 2010.

1. tmar89

tmar89 Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Whitehall, PA
    I connected my SF to my computer using the supplied cable and it charges no problem, but when the USB mode is set to Mass Mode, I get an unformatted drive in Windows 7 x64. Then I change it to Media Sync and it pops up as a SCH-i500 device and I can copy files to it, but after a few files, the USB connection dies and the SF says that the transfer is completed and it needs to shut down Media Sync. But after that, I can't get the USB connection to work unless I reboot my PC or plug into a new USB port.

I am trying to use MediaMonkey to sync my music and it's just a terrible experience. Any thoughts on how to get the USB connection to work better?

Advertisement

2. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I am just having a problem with it staying connected to my pc. Tried several drivers but when pda net or transfering files I get usb connection loss. My external hard drive does not have this problem at all so I know it is not the ports on the pc.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    Grab the Win 7 x64 drivers here:How to Root - Android Forums
    You should have it in Mass Storage mode and you should have usb debugging enabled

4. tmar89

tmar89 Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Whitehall, PA
    I tried installing the 64 bit drivers but Windows 7 keeps telling me that I have the best driver (not ones from the Samsung download). Also I am in Mass mode with USB Debugging on. Do I have to root my fascinate for this?

When I go into the Disk Management, it shows me a Samsung SCH-i500 Card USB Device but populates to 0MB.

Media Mode only seems to work, but then dies while transferring.

EDIT: I noticed when I connect in Mass Mode, I have to pull down the notifications and click on the USB notification to Mount. Now I have a populated drive. Strange that it took that extra step.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    No thats common. You always have to mount to go to the sdcard

6. tmar89

tmar89 Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Whitehall, PA
    Ok, thanks. This is my first Android phone so I'm still learning :). Maybe we can post something in the Tips and Tricks section on how to properly mount the SD card for use over USB?