1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bad for Battery to Leave N1 in Desktop Dock All Day?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jw nyc, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Is it bad for my battery to leave my N1 in the desktop dock throughout the work day? I leave the dock next to my monitors in the office and basically just leave the N1 in the dock while I'm at work (8:30am to about 6:30pm M-F). Is this bad for the battery or no big deal?

Advertisement

2. ParishyM

ParishyM Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
    you can't hurt lithiums

3. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I noticed that my battery has been pretty poor recently and I was wondering if it was b/c I leave it plugged in all the time. I guess not.

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Boston Baby!
    it's more likely because of settings or because of reception or lack thereof you're encountering. take a look around at a task manager that will autokill your stuff, and i'd run only 2g unless you need 3g(ie data). there's more you can do if you search. a free task manager is apollo, that's what i've been using for a while now, there are pay ones but they all do the same thing as apollo.

5. locus

locus Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    EHS Coordinator
    Toronto
    My understanding of Lithium batteries you can "hurt" them if you leave them in the charger for more then a week and or if you regularly let it die on the phone before charging, but for a day or two should not be a problem, also they like quick charges, if you are lets say 50% or 75% a quick charge will not harm them they are fine.

Tags: