1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bad Luck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zerocool79346, Feb 6, 2011.

1. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert

So after going through 3 Eris handsets, I was finally upgraded to the Inc for no charge, first one got here Monday. I pulled it out, charged it up to 100%, activated it, and...instant bootloop. Researched, took it to the store and found out it was actually a fairly common bug. No sweat, I'll just order another one, did that and received the phone on Friday. Took it into the store this time to have it activated, went down without a hitch, needless to say, I was pumped and left happy. Pull out of the parking lot and...you guessed it...instant bootloop. Great. Called Verizon again and now I have a 3rd Inc heading my way on Tuesday. If this one doesn't work, I'm calling it quits and getting them to send out an X. I hate to do that because I love the form factor of the Inc, and I hate the thought of a locked down bootloader, but at least it'll work (hopefully).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

htc thunderbolt will be great, i aam going to preoder mine tmw at bestbuy

3. zerocool79346

Yeah, I don't have an upgrade until June though, and not going to lie, if the Bionic's bootloader isn't locked down (like Moto hinted it might not be) then that upgrade will go towards a Bionic.

4. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast

Wow man....seriously OP....you do have bad luck. Thats.....incredible, LOL

5. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

Ive gone through 2 Incredibles and luckily I have not seen this. Hopefully you have some luck with the third one.

6. zerocool79346

Yeah man I'm really hoping so too. Surely even I don't have that bad of luck.

7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Okay, educate me please. What is bootloop?

8. najaboy

najaboy Android Enthusiast

Continuous, repetitive reboot cycle.

damewolf13 likes this.
  9. today

today Android Expert

Uncle fester from the addams family has the same effect on electronics. He could stick a light bulb in his mouth and it would light up. Maybe you aura effects your cell phone. LOL

10. zerocool79346

#3 is here. About to activate as soon as it boots back up. Wish me luck.

11. zerocool79346

Finally got a working one!! Now to root Haha.

12. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

Then comes the bootloops. :D Remember, get a working ROM then nandroid backup PRIOR to wiping. Then when bootloops appear it's nothing that a battery pull and restore can't fix. Congrats on your working Incredible. May it be the same for you tomorrow and the day after.

13. zerocool79346

Thanks man. I'm actually not sure if this phone will be rooted or not. Truthfully, I only rooted my Eris because it got sluggish and I wanted better battery life. This phone is nothing short of amazing as far as speed, and I left it off the charger all night last night and the battery only dropped 5% which is WAY better than any ROM I ever ran on the Eris, so I'm not sure if there's any need to do it. Course, I'll probably change my mind in a couple days just so I can mess around haha.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews