1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bad news

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rangerrob, Aug 9, 2013.

1. rangerrob

rangerrob Well-Known Member

PI WENT TO THE CORPRATE STORE I HAVE THE 70.00 4g unlimited with rhapsody..they told me after 5 gigs they will throttle the 4 g down not to 1x just slower 4g. That makes since because i was at about 5 gigs when it happen. Good old t mobile.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. On a $70 plan?? GTFO... I would ask somebody else about that, since corp store employees don't know much of anything.

3. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

Any idea what your speeds were before the throttle and after the throttle?

4. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

Im on the $55/mo plan, I've been a MetroPCS customer for 9 years so my unlimited data plan includes unlimited everything and tethering.. I'm not required to upgrade (yet). I called them about the throttling issue and how it took ten frickin minutes to update Netflix. They got a supervisor on the line and told me that there's no way it should take that long and would look into it. They got back on the line and said they were going to start my service over from scratch. Since I've noticed much improvement over the last few days and nights especially nights because that's when it would really slow down. We'll see how long it lasts...

5. rangerrob

rangerrob Well-Known Member

Before 1.6 mbs after 270 to 300 kbs

6. seekdatruth

seekdatruth Lurker

I've only been on MPCS for a month, and I have noticed my speeds peaking at 8Mbps down in NYC down to barely 4Mbps down during daytime usage and close to 10Mbps at nite. It improves maybe to around 7Mbps in the nite time

7. cyber_punk

cyber_punk Newbie

I had this issue after downloading around 200 Gigs total on my phone (was stuck around 320 KB). I went the old fashioned route of getting a deodexed rom and editing my services.jar. First I fixed 3 typo's I found (done on purpose by metro/LG? or google who knows) then I removed one other line from another function. I have yet to been throttled since doing so and this is another 40 gigs later....

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews