• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad performance since update.

I noticed that my HTC Legend was often using 100% CPU usage after the update which turned out to be the Android System using all the resources so an app killer didn't solve the problem. I had to backup and perform a factory reset to solve this issue. You could try using a CPU monitor app to see if there is any offending app. Also, you could check the Services by doing Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Running Services. Perhaps there is something there causing the issue.

Upvote 0
Your phone should tell you an update is available.
If not select: Settings -> About Phone -> System software check - then press "Check now".

Also, I have found that the sluggish performance is down to CPU usage. If you install some software to monitor your CPU usage (like Usage Timeline) you might see that it is quite high or consistently at 100% usage. To fix this you need to turn USB Debug on. I have no idea why but it works!

To set USB Debugging on go to
Settings -> Applications -> Developement and Press USB debugging

Upvote 0
Sim card trick *sorta* worked, it was still 100% utilization upon restarting but now for the moment seems to be leveling off.

This morning was getting 100% utilization while idle. Was finding the sync icon was appearing a LOT, so I turned of automatic syncing, but that didn't seem to do much (still getting a lot of sync notifications appearing).

USB Debugging had no effect whatsoever.

2.2 with the Legend on Virgin Mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones