1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bad sd card??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deekum1627, May 22, 2011.

1. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast

had a bad sd card so moto send me a new one but its a class 2 not a class 4. class 4 is better right?????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Yeah, that's a little bit of weak sauce for them to do that...although I'll bet you are not the first.

Yes, class 4 is faster than a class 2. Didn't really know what the differences were, but this link has a pretty good summary of speed comparisons amongst the different classes:

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an excerpt from that page:

Speed Class Rating

The Speed Class Rating is the official unit of speed measurement for SD Cards, defined by the SD Association. The Class number represents a multiple of 8 Mbits/s (1 MB/s), and meets the least sustained write speeds for a card in a fragmented state.

These are the ratings of all currently available cards:

Class 2, 2 MB/s
    Class 4, 4 MB/s
    Class 6, 6 MB/s
    Class 10, 10 MB/s

Give 'em a call and ask them if they'll give you a class 4 one instead. Can't hurt.

Cheers!

3. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast

ya well i formated my sd card and it works mint now so ill just send there crappy class 2 back lol. just wanted to make sure i was right thanks man

4. anabsa

anabsa Member

I thought that the cards that came preinstalled in these phones were a class 2... At least that is what is in mine.

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

I do think you are right. There was discussion right before launch last year as to what class card would ship. I think the consensus was a class 2 card. I've never pulled mine to look at it though...

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews