• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bad service from Samsung!?!

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
When I first got the device (Galaxy S7 non-edge) it had slight unusual gap at an edge of home button. I didn't take it seriously and I started using the device without worrying about trying for a replacement. But after a week or so the gap got more worsened (as in the Image-1 attached below). So I tried for a repair since the 7-days replacement period was already over by that time. The whole display panel along with the home button was replaced free of cost as according to them “only manufacturing defects are covered in warranty”. But after that repair I got a faulty display panel (as in the Image-2 to Image-4 attached below). So instead of doing repair after repair I asked them for replacement since nobody will be willing to do repairs on their device for reasons that is entirely the manufacturer’s fault. What do guys say? Do I deserve a replacement?

PS: The device has been with me for almost 1.5 months.
2.jpg 3.png IMG_20160420_204712.jpg Picture2.png

From the photos, it definitely looks rather shabby and imperfect for a supposedly new flagship device. Think you'll have to keep on at Samsung, or failing that seek legal advice, Citizen's Advice and County Courts if you're in the UK. Any third-party repairs will likely be chargeable anyway, and will void warranty if they're not authorized by Samsung.

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
From the photos, it definitely looks rather shabby and imperfect for a supposedly new flagship device. Think you'll have to keep on at Samsung, or failing that seek legal advice, Citizen's Advice and County Courts if you're in the UK. Any third-party repairs will likely be chargeable anyway, and will void warranty if they're not authorized by Samsung.
Seems like that's the only option left. I have talked in every way I can. Still no use. They said they can only act according to the policies.

PS: They even agreed to do the repair again for free of cost but who knows what other problems arises with that as once happened. For a new premium device not giving a replacement for this issue is unfair.

Upvote 0
This is one of the reasons I always open the box in the store with the rep present and eagle eye all over it and boot it up.

If something catches my eye then there's a good chance that'll continue to spoil my use of the phone.

This way the store reps can't say I've caused any issues etc.

I personally would start persevered contact with their online support, social media contact and email.Write to them via Recorded delivery. Use any complaints procedure so you can show you've followed their complaints procedure. Look for there CEO Contact. You wouldn't get through direct to the CEO but you would liaise with their department.

Look at any Sales of Goods Act.

Let them take it to look at it again to show your willing to get this resolved.

That way if it's still below standard you can show you've been willing to let them resolve the situation their way.

Make as much noise as you can but be polite and courteous but firm on what outcome your wanting.

Upvote 0
This is one of the reasons I always open the box in the store with the rep present and eagle eye all over it and boot it up.

If something catches my eye then there's a good chance that'll continue to spoil my use of the phone.

This way the store reps can't say I've caused any issues etc.

I personally would start persevered contact with their online support, social media contact and email.Write to them via Recorded delivery. Use any complaints procedure so you can show you've followed their complaints procedure. Look for there CEO Contact. You wouldn't get through direct to the CEO but you would liaise with their department.

Look at any Sales of Goods Act.

Let them take it to look at it again to show your willing to get this resolved.

That way if it's still below standard you can show you've been willing to let them resolve the situation their way.

Make as much noise as you can but be polite and courteous but firm on what outcome your wanting.
I talked to one of the persons in 'concern department'. They are strong in the point of not giving replacement but only ready for a free repair. Who knows whether some other problems arises with that?

Upvote 0
I talked to one of the persons in 'concern department'. They are strong in the point of not giving replacement but only ready for a free repair. Who knows whether some other problems arises with that?

The repair itself should have warranty. I'd think they're supposed to cover any issue arising after repair within a certain amount of time. At least, in some countries that is how it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones