• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bad service inside certain buildings

Is this your very 1st cell phone? I can assure you this is a market wide issue regardless of phone brand, carrier, smartphone/dumbphone, yearly income, social status.... it doesn't matter really, buildings have always and will always cause problems with cell devices. Unless there is some sort of signal booster implemented in the building.

Thats not to say there's no difference from one phone to the next as far as getting service inside a building. But service in certain area's will effect all cell phones, not just the Droid X. I've always found it to be more of a carrier thing myself though. Like for instance where I live Verizon just has better coverage than all the others. Believe me Verizon was my last choice because they are by far the most expensive carrier around here. But after initially signing up for AT&T (back then they were Cingular), tben switching to Sprint, I eventually had no choice but to go with Verizon because I got sick and tired of having to go out and stand on my front porch at my house (especially in the winter) just to get a single bar of service. And that was the same with all 3 phones I tried out.

Switching over to Verizon has been absolutely worth the larger monthly bill. Now I get service practically anywhere I've ever been (buildings excluded).

Upvote 0
Let's wait and see
smile.gif

Upvote 0
i've noticed drop in signal significantly in the DX. Didn't have much of an issue with the Storm1. Could be due to the fact I'm doing more with the DX. But yeah, when in big buildings with a lot of glass/metal, reception gets really flaky.

Interesting. I am having the same problems in buildings and spaces I have been in and used for years. My "old" LG dumb phones, included the spouse's, never had these problems in these buildings and spaces. Ever.

The problem seems to have worsened after 2.2 OTA.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I am having the same problems in buildings and spaces I have been in and used for years. My "old" LG dumb phones, included the spouse's, never had these problems in these buildings and spaces. Ever.

The problem seems to have worsened after 2.2 OTA.

flaky as in you can't hold a call or the signal meter jumps? I don't have any problems with calls inside buildings, but 3G can be spotty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones