• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bad Streaming Over Wifi After Froyo Update

mmmmpppp

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
Prior to the Froyo update, if I had anything above 10% WiFi reception, I could watch videos over WiFi. It would be more or less uninterrupted.

Since the Froyo update, I virtually cannot watch streaming video over WiFi. When I do, it plays, but it halts every few seconds and may halt for long periods. Fortunately, 3G seems less flaky since the update.

But WiFi on Froyo on my device has gone from good to essentially unusable, at least for streaming video.

My only complaints about WiFi prior to the update were lack of support 802.11n (which I've been trying to verify may have been fixed in the last 2.1 update) and the fact that my laptop could use WiFi farther away from the router in my house than my EVO could.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones