1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bad usb port return to full stock? Or regain root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Nooner, Aug 17, 2012.

1. The Nooner

The Nooner Newbie

Hi all, I had rooted my wife's phone months ago and off and on she started having usb problems... I finally got fed up with messing with it. (Computer would not recognize it off and on, would not charge when plugged in intermittently, would think it was plugged in when it wasn't)..the biggest thing was it would randomly go into dock mode..

So I went back to sfhubs rooted stock el29.. decided the best bet was to accept the ota to make sure it wasn't a software issue. Now her phone is in a limbo of no root access but still has Su and mobile Odin as system apps but i can not gain su access and they can't be UN installed I would like to either regain root or get back to stock the phone is under warranty and the bad usb is a known issue that doesn't rear it's ugly head until the ics update. Is there any way to fix this since I can't connect it to a computer?

Also it will not boot into Odin mode just does a regular reboot. I can get into stock recovery though..

Thanks for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews