1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Badly need some help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by neo2.2, Oct 18, 2011.

1. neo2.2

neo2.2 Lurker
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    I got my first Android phone today. The phone I got is a Neo android 2.2 smartphone witch I purchased on a Chinese web site called Lightinthebox.com it was running fine for about two hours. i then locked the screen and later when i tried to unlock it, it seemed the screen calibration was gone. I couldn't unlock the phone by swiping across the screen as the calibration is off.! Is there any way I can reset the whole phone without using the screen? i.e via a laptop?

i have tried connecting the phone to the laptop but couldn't get into the phone. would it be because i have an linux laptop?

Advertisement

2. Stormray

Stormray Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Bump for Neo. Pulling his battery and hard-resetting his phone didn't seem to help.

neo2.2 likes this.
  3. kayeltie

kayeltie Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2013
    Hi,

I am having the exact same prob like you with the sam phone and i would realy like to know what to do?

4. LilBit

LilBit Android Expert
    None

Sep 1, 2012
    Female
    U.S.A.
    Welcome to the forums to both of you. :) Can you guys get into stock recovery? Like Power button/Volume up? Or some other button combo, to get stock recovery open?

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    A cheapo Chinese phone that's probably coming on for two years old (this thread was started almost two years ago), and now apparently the touch screen is giving trouble and/or has bricked. TBH it might be time to buy a new phone. IMO Android has really improved and gotten much better since 2.2 Froyo. This one has a resistive screen as well I believe.

When considering a new Android phone, there's some good advice here...
    http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

funkylogik likes this.