• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BadSeedCustoms JB Tranquility RLS3 2/16/13

NaterTots

Android Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2011
CT
This is not my work. I take no credit for the following.

BadSeed's have released their Jelly Bean Rom.

[ROM] JB Tranquility RLS3 - theMikMik

This is Bad Seed Customs second official Rom. We are releasing an official Version as we are on over 300 test builds and believe the Rom to be relatively bug free.

This is based off of the latest update build 3.15.651.16.
THIS USES THE STOCK HTC KERNEL. IF YOU CHOOSE TO OVER CLOCK WITH A CUSTOM KERNEL PLEASE DO NOT REPORT REBOOT, BATTERY OR ANY OTHER POWER OR PHONE RELATED ISSUE. ALL OF THESE CUSTOM KERNELS THAT OC HAVE ISSUES. ITS TRUE THEY WORK FINE FOR SOME BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE AND THE PATTERN IS RANDOM. SOME PEOPLE WHO RUN THIS ROM CAN USE THEM AND SOME CANT.

You must be rooted and unlocked with a custom recovery.

The Bad Seed Customs Crew

fernando sor
jeffsanace
eg1122
slayer69
SteelH
stoney666
vlatinlove
mcluvn
silverxbv2
Trock79

You must do a full wipe before you flash

ROM FEATURES

The 1st Custom Rom Since Sense 4.0 Was Introduced with Transparent App Drawer
1X/3G mod
Long Press Vol Skip Tracks
GPS Radio Icon Hidden
MMS Max Size Increased to 5MB
Roam Only Mod
99% Green Free
Custom Dropdown
System Wide Inversion
Logging Apps and Binaries Removed
Transparent Bad Seed Customs Pandora
Inverted Talk
Home Screen Menu Enabled
Vibration Mod on Call Connect
Custom Ringtones and Notification Sounds
*New Custom Boot and Down Animations
PNG Optomized
Screenshots Saved To Screenshots Folder
People Changed to Contacts
Disabled Signature Checks
*New Custom Skins
Landscape Rosie
Custom Wallpapers
5x6 App Drawer In Port
7x4 App Drawer in Land
Removed Ongoing IME in Taksbar
Custom Dialer
Custom Keyboard with Custom Trace Color
Custom Lock Pattern
Advanced Power Mod
Camera Shutter Sound Toggle Enabled
Virtually Unlimited Tabs in Browser
0-100% Battery Animation
Sync Animation
GPS Animation
Battery Bar Mod
Long Press Back = Kill Current App
100s if Not 1,000s of Custom Images
And Much, Much More

RLS3 Changelog

Completely Rebased with 3.16 OTA
All the goodies from RLS2
Added Extended Quick Settings
Toggle to Show/Hide Quick Settings Icon
Toggle to Show/Hide Beats Audio Notification
Toggle to Enable Landscape Rosie
Toggle to Enable Wallpaper Scrolling
Toggle Between HTC or AOSP Recent Apps
Toggle Between Transparent or Solid Dropdown
Toggle to Show/Hide Battery
Toggle to Disable SMS Screen On
Toggle to Enable Jackhammer Mod
Volume Control
Adjust Touch & Hold Delay on Volume Up/Down, Back, Home, and Recent Buttons
Set Long Press Actions to Volume Up/Down, Back, and Home Buttons
Set Volume Buttons Actions While Screen is Off
Adjust Auto Brightness Modes
Adjust Button Brightness Modes
Toggle to Enable Landscape Lockscreen
Toggle to Show/Hide Headset Icon (Do Not Turn Off With Headphones Plugged In)
Toggle to Show/Hide Alarm Icon (Once Hidden You Need To Turn Alarm Off Then Unhide It So It Will Appear Once More)
Regular Toggles for Quick Settings
Flashlight
Airplane Mode
Wi-Fi
Hotspot
Mobile Network
Bluetooth
GPS
Auto Sync
Auto Rotate
Reboot
Volume
Brightness
Sleep
Enable System Wide Trans (The Most Transparency Ever Added To A Sense Rom)
Look in /sdcard/Bad-Seed-Mods/ For Zip to Enable System Wide Trans
Updated All Market Apps
Updated and Themed Voicemail (Select Dark Theme)
And a lot more.

Added the Following Apps

HTC Flashlight
MSL Reader
HTC Notes
Bad Seed Customs Coffee Mug Battery Widget (located in sdcard)
Swiftkey Flow Beta
**Tranquilty Settings**

Tranquility Setting

Settings -> Display, gestures & buttons -> Bad Seed Tranquility Settings

Set Custom App Shortcuts to Two Locations:

Long Press Header in Drop Down
&
Short Press Tranquility Custom App in Home Screen Menu

SystemUI Button Remap

Removed Settings Icon: Tap Header for Settings

Credits

Bad Seed Customs
xHausx
pvyparts
ihtfp69
Steal25
nick1313
joeyfettucine

Please do not post original work without permission

Please check with us before you flash anything on top of this Rom. some HTC apks can not be decompiled with apktool without throwing performance and other errors. we used an alternate method.
It looks really nice. Also with all of my sync's on it didn't budge from 99% battery over night.

The battery life seemed really good to me today. I like that it slept well, no drop while not in use.

Have you found the Bistro yet? that is a tool they have put together for you to make mods to the rom... It was kind of interesting, have to read the directions well to see how to use it, but it works when you figure it out! :)
It does make me appreciate how the Mean Roms have flashable zips for that purpose, but this kinda makes you feel like a mad scientist cooking up stuff for your phone yourself. :)

Upvote 0
yqusa4uv.jpg
I'm having some surprisingly good battery life with this, I'm at 50% after 6 hours of VERY heavy use, including it going to roam mode and tower/service searching across 3 states! On every other Rom I've run, I'm at 20% or less by now. Two thumbs WAY up! :thumbup::thumbup::cool:

Upvote 0
I will be giving this a try this weekend. I seem to be having problems finding a ROM that I like better than the PacMan ROM by Jamie.

The only issue I have really is that you can only update prl and profile with Wi-Fi only. 3g won't work. Bit that doesn't make a difference for aosp roms.
I have the pacman ROM in my card and am thinking about giving it a try. Either that or the optimized cm10 that Jamie posted in his thread a page or two back.

Naters

Upvote 0
Dustwun mentioned a bistro program, which I found on mikmik's forum. It's a windows based setup, to create your own mods. I'd like to see if there's a way to use that to put the notification toggles into settings. I'm not crazy about that not being in settings either, but I can use a shortcut for it just as easily

I don't have windows so that is a no go for me. will try to add a few of my customization's the old fashioned way and see how they go

Upvote 0
Dustwun mentioned a bistro program, which I found on mikmik's forum. It's a windows based setup, to create your own mods. I'd like to see if there's a way to use that to put the notification toggles into settings. I'm not crazy about that not being in settings either, but I can use a shortcut for it just as easily

Nobegging, in your app drawer is an app notification toggles. It will put some in your notification screen.

They look pretty good too.

Upvote 0
I don't have windows so that is a no go for me. will try to add a few of my customization's the old fashioned way and see how they go

tommyg981 has graciously offered to run the bistro tool and make mods for those who can't get it to work for whatever reason, check it out!

Bistro tranquility mods - theMikMik

Upvote 0

Glad you found it! :)

Upvote 0
I was able to change the battery indicator the old fashioned way so i'm good with that. now however seems to be another issue and that is no disk drive when I hook up to usb and choose disk drive. Anyone else having this issue? I'm hooked up to a Linux Machine but wouldn't think that makes a difference. ADB seems to work just fine with it. Still not a bad ROM. Just have to go to recovery to access the storage devices and the black on black with widgets for the home screen other than that I can live with this.

Reactions: nobegging
Upvote 0
Argedion, check out the thread at mikmik, Tommy over there is trying to help folks out by throwing up a few requests in the way of mods, oh, and I'll hook mine up to usb and check that out too, I'm enjoying this Rom and don't want to see the fun end yet :eek::D

Edit: connected to my computer (windows) had to click the notification in in the drop down, gave the option of disk drive or sync, chose disk drive and seems to work fine.
wish I had a linux system to work with, would check that as well, also might be worth noting, it comes up fine on my old power pc g5 mac running os x 10.5.8

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if you need to have the most current firmware to be able to flash this ROM?

Also does this ROM automatically flash the kernel if you are still "S-ON", or do you have to flash it separately...or would I not need to worry about it and would my current kernel (3.4.10-g014d33e root@ABM030#1 SMP PREEMPT) just carry over to this ROM?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if you need to have the most current firmware to be able to flash this ROM?

Also does this ROM automatically flash the kernel if you are still "S-ON", or do you have to flash it separately...or would I not need to worry about it and would my current kernel (3.4.10-g014d33e root@ABM030#1 SMP PREEMPT) just carry over to this ROM?

i flashed this (at the time) i had the really old firmaware with no issues.

and it does not say if it has xhausx's s-on kernel installer or not.

i would flash it like normal. if you are coming from a sense rom the kernel may work with this rom. if not then you can just reboot into fastboot and fastboot command the boot.img.

Reactions: jl79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones