1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

baked snack 1.8 horrible battery drain!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by khaag27, Oct 25, 2010.

1. khaag27

khaag27 Android Enthusiast

Been running this and the drain is just the worse I have seen on a rom. My phone is always dead and on the charger. What kernel would help? And don't say 6 because I can't get hold of it.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I reverted back to Kernel #5, I think there's a glitch with the supposed #6 that seems not to exist... I also Use SetCPU to underclock with the screen off and charge every night with the phone itself off. These both seem to keep me running most of the day unless I'm really gaming a lot...

3. Putty

Putty Android Expert

BS 1.8 did the same thing to me. I had best results on 1.7 running NA 4.1.9 cfs. I eventually removed BS cause the drain was horrible. I never ran Kernel 6 with it...Although, you'll have it if you do a fresh install for it flashes with #6.

4. jten9

jten9 Lurker

As mentioned above, reflash the rom (1.8) as it has kernel 6. I've been running baked 1.8 for a few days, and the standby time is unbelievable... really really good. During use, battery life is average for me.

I have heard that some people need to flash kernel 6 again on top of the rom for proper performance. Personally I'm not so sure about that, as I have not had a problem with the kernel on first flash of the rom. I did re-flash it to compare, and did not notice any difference.

5. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Member

i just installed baked snack 1.8 and my kernel shows #2 :thinking:

6. Putty

Putty Android Expert

That's what 6 shows.....2

7. Putty

Putty Android Expert

Here are my stats for today...pretty nice, yes? 7:51am 100% 3:15pm 79%

[​IMG]

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews