1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ballistic Nylon or Metalized Glass Fiber?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hal1, Oct 29, 2014.

1. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

What's your choice? Why?

EDIT: mine goes in a case & holster so it probably doesn't matter

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Nylon ... the only option for 64GB.

... Thom

3. PeninaD

PeninaD Member

My eyes and fingers say ballistic nylon (ooh, it'll match my IWB holster), and my brain says "grab that 64gb".

But I also want to know how that is affixed to the body, will it peel off, will dirt and natural hand grease clog up the fabric over time?

4. Bearcats

Bearcats Android Enthusiast

Material choice really isnt a matter for me. I suspect both are tough enough to endure my daily abuse.

However it will be limited, for me at least, to hardware. I really want the red one (because of color not material) but want 64GB. So, like Thom, I am going to be "forced" into the Ballistic; not that I have any qualms about it at all.

Since its nylon based I suspect that while it has a tactile feeling it will easily slide in and out of my front pocket without issue.

5. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

I got the nylon for the 64g. Like it a lot, looks cool. Will put it in a case anyway.

6. emmzone22

emmzone22 Well-Known Member

I had the Ballistic Nylon for a week and I didn't like it. I thought it was too slippery in my hand. I traded it in for the Metalized Glass Fiber, and no regrets. The MGF is smooth, but I'm able to get a better grip on it. It feels like the Moto X (2013) which I came from and liked.

7. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

64G ballistic nylon, but I have it in a shell holster case from Verizon.

8. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

I bought it then realized it is the SAME as my Oakley Sunglasses cases

I also got it specifically for the 64gb. my feeling was the MAXX had 32gb when it released and now you can only get 16gb. I have a feeling this will happen with the Turbo.. My Guess is early on the 64gb is avail and then it will drop and they will only have the 32gb

9. coulterjosh

coulterjosh Well-Known Member

i love the ballistic nylon its just a cool feature

10. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

64G, BN back...tried it for several days before putting into the stock kickstand case from Vzw. Good feel, stays in pocket ok.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews