• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Balls Won't Reach To Capture

OhMyPlinky

Lurker
Oct 28, 2016
Hello. I started playing only 6 days ago. My trainer is level 11 and is still using the original type of balls. I'm noticing that when I try to capture certain Pokémon (Golbat, Ponyta, Nidorino) in the wild, my balls won't reach the target. I've spent 70+ balls on each without success, all the while thinking I'm doing something wrong with the throw. I have no problems capturing and throwing balls at the common, lower form Pokémon. Is my problem because I'm using lower type balls to try to capture evolved Pokémon? Or is it because their CP is too high for me to capture? I've tried capturing with AR on, with AR off, with using a berry, with controlled wipes and more aggressive swipes. Sometimes, the ball will just drop in front of me but most often, the ball lands just in front of the Pokémon. Twice, I was able to connect with the ball but of course, the Pokémon got loose. I've searched the web for others with this problem, but have only found one post without any solution to the problem. Please help! Thank you.

What you're describing is Pokemon that are positioned far away from you during the encounter. You need to use longer(not necessarily "more aggressive") swipes to throw the ball farther. For the really tricky ones, you can move the Pokemon a bit closer to you by turning on AR mode, tilting your phone forward to look at the ground, and then turning off AR mode to reset the Pokemon's position. It only makes a small difference, but it's often enough to get them within range of your longest throws.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones