1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bamf 1.86 Flaking Out, help going to GB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EinZtein, Sep 21, 2011.

1. EinZtein

EinZtein Android Enthusiast

I rooted my TB and flashed Das Bamf 1.87. Been running fine for a few months now but 4g keeps randomly dropping and it's killing me.

I've read all the threads and am basically lost as to what I should flash for radio and rom.

I've used Miks roms before and we're pretty nice.

Looking for Gb Sense radio/rom combo that is stable and wifi tether is working.

Any info is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Any radio other than the mr1 is fine to use with any GB ROM you'd like. You're going to have to decide for yourself which you like the best.

EinZtein likes this.
  3. asianrage

asianrage Well-Known Member

BAMF is a popular choice, with a couple of iterations waiting for you if you're interested.

ShiftS3NS3 is another good choice as well.
    NonS3NS3 is based on Shift, but without HTC Rosie/Widgets

I don't know about Synergy nor GingerSense, but the above options are a really good way to start, IMO. All uses the 802 radio.

EinZtein likes this.
  4. EinZtein

I'm looking for 4x5 workspace, like InCredibly ReEnginnered, great mods for that rom.

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Why not use one of chingy's roms then

EinZtein likes this.
  6. asianrage

I think that's available as a mod for BF. Try to look for it in the TeamBamf forum.

EinZtein likes this.
  7. EinZtein

Looks like Shift and Gingeritis are the only GB roms with 4x5 workspace, unless I'm missing something?

Gingeritis no VM notification is show stopper for me there, I guess Shift then.

I'll check Bamf forum for 4x5 workspace mod, thanks.

8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I believe the not VM notification issue is univerasal. Even HTC has yet to have a GB leak with working VM notifications :rolleyes:

EinZtein likes this.
  9. asianrage

Perhaps that's the problem holding the OTA update. I personally don't care for VM, since I usually delete them first.

People ends up using Google Voice instead, or some other services from Market.

EinZtein likes this.
  10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I was thinking the same thing, perhaps that is why the leaks keep coming out, HTC is waiting for a dev to figure out the fix so they can implement it :eek:

EinZtein likes this.
  11. TCM

TCM Member

I went from BAMF 1.86 remix to shifts3ns3 and couldn't be happier (not that 1.86 remix was a bad rom or anything). I also upgraded to the newest leaked radio from the OTA MR2 radio.

Pros: Battery life is much better, sense 3.0 messaging, camera, lock screen and etc are awesome and the rom is super smooth.

Only real con with shifts3ns3, as with any of the other GB roms is the voicemail notification issue.

EinZtein likes this.
  12. EinZtein

Does wifi tether work?

bAMF not an option since mobile hotspot is paid.

13. TCM

TCM Member

The built in one is paid and works, but you can use https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list (Wireless tether 2 0 8-pre1.apk in particular) to tether for free. It has been extremely solid the four or so times that I have had to use it.

EinZtein likes this.
  14. EinZtein

Thanks folks.

Chingys mods don't work with new version so it looks like Shift is only ROM with 4/5 workspace.

Should I wait a week to see what's up with latest leak?
    Or just go with mr2?

15. TCM

TCM Member

Droid Th3ory said he will be releasing a newer version of shifts3ns3 by the end of the weekend based upon the newest leak. As far as radios, I've been running the newest leaked radio since last night with no problems thus far (I had been running the previously leaked gingerbread radios for a while with much better results than mr2).

EinZtein likes this.
  16. EinZtein

Thanks.
    Does GPS lock in without reboot?

17. TCM

TCM Member

No problem. With my phone it locks almost instantly outside or inside my car.

EinZtein likes this.
  18. EinZtein

Cool, thanks. Guess I'll start getting the files I need and flash maybe tomorrow night.

19. EinZtein

Yeah, so after being on Sense the past couple years, i decided to go back to Launcher Pro Ex for the customization of home screen and dock bar amongst other nice options.

I figured out the problem with this version of Bamf using some debug files. It does not have the framework to support any of the tether apps. The working MobileHotspot is the free version that was out before VZW fixed it with a patch. I think there is flash out there to add the fw for the other tether apps.

But with Mobile Hotpsot-it works fine...until you connect more that one device, then it just starts dropping like mad.

I'm 24/7 support with 15 minute SLA, so I have to plan any mods to the phone to make sure I don't miss a call.

Thanks for the help, probably saved be a bunch of headaches trying to swap roms in and out.

Looks like it will be CM7, Shift or Bam.