1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bamf rc4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digdug1, Jul 3, 2011.

1. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

6 bar signal mod...that's what I'm talking about. I dont know why, but even though signal is not a concern for me (Columbus OH has BAMF coverage lol), I don't like seeing only 4 bars available. :)

Downloading now. Been playing too much with my new Asus transformer and need to spread some love to the TBolt!

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

I found it to be quite laggy for me. As with every other rc, I like the idea of sense 3.0 but all that eye candy is like sludge to my system

4. howarmat

howarmat Android Expert

go into spare parts and set the transitions to "fast" and the thing flies ;)

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

Yeah its not just the screen transitions though. Scrolling the the home screens, opening apps. I tweaked the settings, oc'd, everything I can think of. It might be fast enough for most people. And that's fine by me. I'm happy with BAMF 2.1. Got my netflix, got my 3.0 lock screen and sms, and speed. I look forward to testing out all the updates to 3.0 though.

6. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Thus far rc4 rocks. Im experiencing no lag whatsoever. I'm using speedtweak with the batt saver script.
    No setcpu.

I recall some people getting lag from using setcpu even after allowing for its use in terminal emulator. May be worth a shot.

7. solo65impala

solo65impala Well-Known Member

Yeah I flashed rc4 last night after a brief detour on Gingeritis and I have to admit that I'm glad to be back on BAMF. Has been running smooth with very little lag and I haven't even overclocked. Also the toolbox makes it so much easier to do modifications.

8. myth90045

myth90045 Member

where did you find speed tweek?

9. solo65impala

It is a script built into the kernel to be used for overclocking. Just open up the terminal, type su, enter, then speedtweak.sh, enter, and it will take you to the options for overclocking and governors.

myth90045 likes this.
  10. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Go into the tool kit and select terminal emulator. Type
    Su then press enter
    Speedtweak.sh press enter

myth90045 likes this.
  11. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Beat me to it lol.

But it's not just for overclocking. You can also adjust your voltages as well as run a script to allow for the use of setcpu.

solo65impala likes this.
  12. Member138406

Member138406 Guest

how do i install the weather wall fix that was posted? Just drop it into root on sd card? Or do i actually have to flash it thru clockwork.

13. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

flash with rom manager or cw.

Member138406 likes this.
  14. myth90045

myth90045 Member

Questions guys.

coming from RC3, do I have to wipe all before going to RC4?

i know they said its recommended to do a full wipe, but I am not sure if that applies to the BAMF roms.

15. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

i, like most, always wipe data regardless of rom choice.

i wiped coming from rc3 to rc4. i have read where some didnt. but i figure its better to be safe than sorry. not wiping could cause you some little problems that you may falsely account to the rom itself.

myth90045 likes this.
  16. myth90045

myth90045 Member

thats what I figured! thank you for reconfirming this.

17. myth90045

myth90045 Member

also, any one having issues with google music FC on this rom?

18. solo65impala

Digdug, do u prefer Setcpu, the speedtweak.sh script, or use the no frills overclock built into the toolbox? I usually adjust using the toolbox myself but wondered which was better for u, or anybody else for that matter.

19. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

While using a bamf Rom, I don't use setcpu.
    Just remember that when using the toolkit To o/c you still need the speedtweak script. Not doing so is what I believe causes some users lag.

After entering the script, select option 13. It will remove the preset min/max frequencies and governor.

I'm currently using speedtweak with the battsaver option. No setcpu or toolkit overclocking.

Just my .02.

DCoy82 and solo65impala like this.
  20. solo65impala

Thanks for the info digdug1. I kinda figured that speedtweak was the best option but thought I would seek a second opinion from you. I really think that if anyone is running a rooted bolt that they need to try these Bamf ROMs. They are really good and with the team they have put together they will only get better!

21. dave8311

dave8311 Newbie

No need to type out Speedtweak.sh

It's been shortened to "ST"

Much easier ;)

solo65impala likes this.
  22. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast

So you guys are saying doing the speaktweak via terminal > than overlocking with das bamf toolkit? I've been experiencing some battery drain using this rom. Phone overheats quickly and battery follows suit. I'm trying to uninstall setcpu too but it doesn't seem to want to go away even after I uninstall from the market.

I'm still confused with what the speedtweak does that is different vs toolkit??

23. TN8Shooter

TN8Shooter Newbie

When I enter "su" in the emulator is says "su access denied". Anyone else have this problem?

24. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

I had to make sure I mounted the drive with "Read/Write" permissions. Do this through DB Tools>System Settings>Mount as Read/Write. Also, make sure you type in su correctly. :p As funny as it seems, i typed it in wrong twice cause I am blind as a bat and the typeface is tiny in terminal emulator.

Hope this works for you...

25. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Adrenalyne just posted he's about to upload pre rc5! Yay!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews