1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root bamf remix 1.7 working mirror?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by namurt, Jun 3, 2011.

1. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    the main download links in the thread over at xda are currently not working. toward the end of the thread, a user posted some mirrors to a dropbox account, however it turns out that his links are actually for remix 1.6 and not 1.7... DOH!

does ANYONE have the complete zips for both remix 1.7 and the rosie patch for 1.7? please oh pretty please, if you do, could you be so kind as to upload them somewhere for an eager beaver such as myself to get their hands on?

i just got my tbolt yesterday and i have it all rooted and ready to go, and now i can't run the rom i've been drooling over. :(

Advertisement

2. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Texas
    I have 1.7 nte, uploading now unless someone else already has

Edit: sorry I just saw that you wanted the remix not the non themed

3. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    aw, thanks anyway!

it seems i'm stuck with remix 1.6.3 for the time being. i guess i'll just have to scratch this itch a little later and wait for either someone to put up a mirror here or for the official download links to go back up.

since i just got the phone, it's not really worth getting all my apps downloaded and setup. just gonna be patient and wait until i can do a complete wipe and throw on 1.7, and then i think i'm gonna run imo's leankernel and play around with some extras and what not.

wish i could be doing all this now though... ugh! :/

4. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Texas
    You could try sending a pm to the guy that runs the Das BAMF remix thread and ask him to post another link

5. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    nah, i'm pretty sure the bamf team will be on top of it and just put the links back up (with a post saying they've done so) as soon as they can.

besides, i'm an xda noob so it's probably not my place to bug the creators of one of the most popular roms out there, heh.

6. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
  7. ridobe

ridobe Guest
    None
    FYI: Congrats on being one of the "new" owners that understands the importance of wiping a phone. That said, generally speaking, going from one version of a ROM to an updated version you shouldn't have to do a full wipe. You should ALWAYS have a nandroid available and ALWAYS wipe cache, and dalvic preferably 2-3 times for a ROM upgrade or a kernel change. Don't use rom manager or kernel manager to download, use recovery.

Also, get Titanium Backup to save all of your apps and whenever you do a full wipe (you must check the box in TiB) your layout will be restored onto the launcher of your choice assuming you use the same one.

namurt likes this.
  8. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    thanks for the advice. :)

i'm now running das bamf remix 1.7 with imo's leankernel (running it in normal mode for now with swap enabled). and after i got everything all settled in, i ran a tib backup.

i did do all my flashing in recovery as opposed to taking the easy way out. i always like to know exactly what's happening so i avoid "one click" solutions like the plague.

now i just need to play around with some of the bamf extras and i can finally start to actually (*gasp*) use my phone!

9. ridobe

ridobe Guest
    None
    It doesnt sound like you needed my advice lol.

10. namurt

namurt Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    nah man, it's because of people like you that i was prepared for when i got my tbolt. i spent countless hours scouring these forums and the xda forums so i knew all the do's and dont's ahead of time.

11. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Good advice. The only thing I'd add is you shouldn't have to wipe the caches more than once. Anything more is really unneeded steps. Just a heads up, If you do update to a newer ROM version without wiping data don't post any issues you're having on xda. The developers frown on this and from my experiences wiping data will resolve 99% of the problems you encounter. That's why they always recommend a full wipe between builds.

Also, IMO, TiB isn't really as much of a necessity anymore as google will restore all your market apps after a wipe. That being said, If you want your apps data restored (game progress, etc) then TiB is the way to go.

12. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Washington DC
    Followed the advice on the XDA forum for updating the version number...took a little playing around with but got it to work. Then figured what the hey, so I put in version 1.9999 just for hoots.

Ohhh, this is nothing too fancy but it is fun to play around with. I am sure to brick my phone from experimenting one of these days. Have fun!