• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bamf sense 3.0 rc2 rom(updated)

Upvote 0
Nobody wants a pet named GrandMasterB. I think everyone would agree Scotty is a much better name for a guinea pig. :p

GMB

Lol it does sound like an interestng mod. Maybe ill load it up tonight :)

Okay, well nobody wants a pet named UBR either...but I went ahead and flashed it.

It's a novelty for sure but it does hamper the performance quite a bit IMO (just made the phone sluggish). I unchecked the 3D setting (settings > display) and restarted to disable it. Go ahead and try it, but don't expect to want to keep it. It probably makes more sense if it was incorporated into an actual 3D capable screen.

Upvote 0
Okay, well nobody wants a pet named UBR either...but I went ahead and flashed it.

It's a novelty for sure but it does hamper the performance quite a bit IMO (just made the phone sluggish). I unchecked the 3D setting (settings > display) and restarted to disable it. Go ahead and try it, but don't expect to want to keep it. It probably makes more sense if it was incorporated into an actual 3D capable screen.

i cant say anything more about it... youre exactly right. while it was neat to fiddle around with for a few minutes,its defintately not worth the lag it brings with it. i was tempted to leave it and see it it sped up over time,but i ended up unchecking it,i kinda doubt it will improve much.

im a pretty disapointed that i cant remap the stupid personalize button... and even more disappointed that rosie doesnt automatically rotate. it drives me nuts to not see my homescreen in landscape,its one of the big things that keeps me from using the sense launcher. anyone know an easy way to make rosie rotate without decompling the .apk? :thinking:

at any rate im gonna give it a go for at least the day and see what i can figure out about all this sense 3.0 hype :p:D

Upvote 0
i cant say anything more about it... youre exactly right. while it was neat to fiddle around with for a few minutes,its defintately not worth the lag it brings with it. i was tempted to leave it and see it it sped up over time,but i ended up unchecking it,i kinda doubt it will improve much.

im a pretty disapointed that i cant remap the stupid personalize button... and even more disappointed that rosie doesnt automatically rotate. it drives me nuts to not see my homescreen in landscape,its one of the big things that keeps me from using the sense launcher. anyone know an easy way to make rosie rotate without decompling the .apk? :thinking:

at any rate im gonna give it a go for at least the day and see what i can figure out about all this sense 3.0 hype :p:D

Well usually, functioning bluetooth isn't all that important to me but I just got a new deck in my car and finally have the need for it. I just picked up my car on Monday and can't connect it to my radio :( It seems like it's working and it's discoverable...but can't connect.

So...I'm looking for a replacement until that gets worked out...maybe time to try a new ROM cause I've been hooked on the BAMF ROMs for awhile now.

Upvote 0
So I finally installed this ROM last night, which seems to be working great. I did however notice this morning my phone switched to 3G, which never switches to 3G unless I'm in a really isolated area where 4G isn't available. Anyone having problems with their phone showing only 4G?

If I recall correctly i'm running the latest MR2 radio:

1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1

I forgot to add, prior to this I was running BAMF 2.0.1.5 with the same radio and no problems

Upvote 0
So I finally installed this ROM last night, which seems to be working great. I did however notice this morning my phone switched to 3G, which never switches to 3G unless I'm in a really isolated area where 4G isn't available. Anyone having problems with their phone showing only 4G?

If I recall correctly i'm running the latest MR2 radio:

1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1

I forgot to add, prior to this I was running BAMF 2.0.1.5 with the same radio and no problems

Not having any issues here. I'm running the same ROM and same radio as you and it's working just fine. Did you wipe data before flashing the ROM?

Also, you may want to:

- pull the battery
- remove the sim card
- plug the battery back in
- turn the phone on, power off
- remove battery
- put sim card back in
- power back on

It may seem stupid, but I've done this in the past after getting stuck in 3G after flashing a new ROM and it brings me back to 4G.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Not having any issues here. I'm running the same ROM and same radio as you and it's working just fine. Did you wipe data before flashing the ROM?

Also, you may want to:

- pull the battery
- remove the sim card
- plug the battery back in
- turn the phone on, power off
- remove battery
- put sim card back in
- power back on

It may seem stupid, but I've done this in the past after getting stuck in 3G after flashing a new ROM and it brings me back to 4G.

Yeah I wiped everything before I tried the new ROM. It was working fine last night, just happened this morning on my way to work. i tried the steps above but no luck, I'll see if maybe it works again later today. Or I'll try the steps later again today. Weird.

Upvote 0
Yeah I wiped everything before I tried the new ROM. It was working fine last night, just happened this morning on my way to work. i tried the steps above but no luck, I'll see if maybe it works again later today. Or I'll try the steps later again today. Weird.

Well I just came back from lunch and when I was in a different part of town I received a strong 4G signal, but back in the office 3G again. Very strange, i always get 4G everywhere I go. I guess the true test would be switching back to the previous ROM I was using in order to verify if its the ROM or just 4G/3G issues going on here.

Update, looks like everything is working fine, all of a sudden 4G came back on and its been working ever since.

Upvote 0
Need some help. I am really really LOVING the this ROM. HOWEVER no one will help me out with getting rid of the BLACK UGLY ASS GMAIL/TALK etc Notification Bar Icons. WTF? Do you guys like this?

Anyway if anyone out there can do this (for the BOLT):

[Theme]Conservative Color Notification Icons 03/09/2011 - xda-developers

I and others will gladly give some beer money out.

I use Gmail Notifier for Gmail and can change the icons. I don't know about Talk, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones