• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bamf sense 3.0 rc2 rom(updated)

Does this rom have a tweek to the official hotspot program? I used it today and it worked fine, I don't pay for the service, and it is not showing up on my usage stats on verizon.com.

I been out of the loop for a while now, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

I'm not sure but I think the free hotspot was extended. I always use "wireless tether" though.

But how long did you give Verizon's info to update? Their stats don't update in real time.

Reactions: Member138406
Upvote 0
Does this rom have a tweek to the official hotspot program? I used it today and it worked fine, I don't pay for the service, and it is not showing up on my usage stats on verizon.com.

I been out of the loop for a while now, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

From what I read, free HotSpot was extended until July 6th.

Reactions: Member138406
Upvote 0
I'm not sure but I think the free hotspot was extended. I always use "wireless tether" though.

But how long did you give Verizon's info to update? Their stats don't update in real time.
Wireless tether and Barnacle don't work for me.. I have had INC>D2>Fascinate>TB and I have only been able to get the Inc to teether.. dunno what the deal is... I basically gave up.

From what I read, free HotSpot was extended until July 6th.

Last I saw was like June 14th it was extended too, but if it is further that explains it.

Upvote 0
Wireless tether and Barnacle don't work for me.. I have had INC>D2>Fascinate>TB and I have only been able to get the Inc to teether.. dunno what the deal is... I basically gave up.

Last I saw was like June 14th it was extended too, but if it is further that explains it.

I believe the rumor was they extended it until July 6th because tiered data kicks in on the 7th.....or something along those lines.

Verizon Extends Free 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Offer Through July 6th for Thunderbolt, Charge and Revolution - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

GMB

Upvote 0
So I finally installed this ROM last night, which seems to be working great. I did however notice this morning my phone switched to 3G, which never switches to 3G unless I'm in a really isolated area where 4G isn't available. Anyone having problems with their phone showing only 4G?

If I recall correctly i'm running the latest MR2 radio:

1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1

I forgot to add, prior to this I was running BAMF 2.0.1.5 with the same radio and no problems

The MR2 radio is 1.39.00.0508w, you have .0528w written here which is the MR2.5 radio. That could be the issue with your 3g problem. Both radios seem to react differently with each individual phone.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I am new to the TB since I just picked it up yesterday and I wanted to know if someone can point me in the right direction. I am coming from a Motorola Atrix """4G""" (Buh Bye At&t!!) and before that a Samsung Captivate. I used to mod those phones allot in the past so I have some knowledge of Android and how to get around but it seems that things are very different once you are working with an unlocked bootloader.

I would like to get the new Bamf ROM running on my TB but after searching for a while I cannot find any guide on how to flash roms. I would also like to find out how to revert any changes I make to the phone in case I want to change roms in the future or go to stock.

Any help would be appreciated.......

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey guys I am new to the TB since I just picked it up yesterday and I wanted to know if someone can point me in the right direction. I am coming from a Motorola Atrix """4G""" (Buh Bye At&t!!) and before that a Samsung Captivate. I used to mod those phones allot in the past so I have some knowledge of Android and how to get around but it seems that things are very different once you are working with an unlocked bootloader.

I would like to get the new Bamf ROM running on my TB but after searching for a while I cannot find any guide on how to flash roms. I would also like to find out how to revert any changes I make to the phone in case I want to change roms in the future or go to stock.

Any help would be appreciated.......

Thanks!

Sticky right at top of this forum.

http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/322897-thunderbolt-rooting-methods.html

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones