• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Banking app not working with S9 update!

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else is having any issues with their banking apps since this new update for the S9? I was able to see my bank information prior to the update, but now I get a message saying "Service is temporarily unavailable. Please reboot your device and try again."

I rebooted and I still got the same message. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data and cache, but it still isn't working. I used my S8 to see if the app itself was bad, but it worked just fine. I also went to the banks desktop site and I was able to log in there as well. All of my other apps work fine, it's just my banking app.

Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on?

It sounds like your banking app needs to be updated to support android pie. Banking apps tend to be sensitive to OS updates, anything slightly odd and they b0rk. I know whenever I go onto official beta OS updates all my banking apps get upset and refuse to allow fingerprint login until it is out of beta.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones