• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Banned!?

One easy way to not risking yourself of getting in trouble... Avoid the Politics and Current Events subforum. Thatll decrease your chances by around 73.5% +/- 20%. :p

This is actually quite sad too. If people could discuss things with an open mind, and respect to one another, that section could be pretty interesting. Of course we all have those topics that we have very strong opinions about, I'm guilty of swaying to the grey area myself in the past.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Of course we all have those topics that we have very strong opinions about, I'm guilty of swaying to the grey area myself in the past.

Hmm... yes, that is quite true.

*goes through pages and pages of past moderator comments regarding cds0699's behavior* :eek:

You've built up quite a rep there since May of last year! :p

Upvote 0
Now that we have a good portion of the mods gathered here in this thread... SPRING THE TRAP!!

Heh... :D

< ------ perfect avatar for that post

Upvote 0
Now that we have a good portion of the mods gathered here in this thread... SPRING THE TRAP!!

LOL ^^^

(psssst...we said we needed ALL of them here for the Guide coup to be successful--then the Guides will be in control and you will be richly rewarded for your loyalty :D ;) :))

One of the Mods is one of our moles...not saying which one it is...(the doubt now begins to spread amongst the red-clad AF members...:D :p ;))

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
LOL ^^^

(psssst...we said we needed ALL of them here for the Guide coup to be successful--then the Guides will be in control and you will be richly rewarded for your loyalty :D ;) :))

One of the Mods is one of our moles...not saying which one it is...(the doubt now begins to spread amongst the red-clad AF members...:D :p ;))

Hey! I can't have someone trying to "coup" me while I'm trying to "coup" the admins! No foiling my plans! :p

Hmm... Frisco was the last one to become moderator lately and did come back so suddenly... hmm...

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Lol is that an angry bird in that picture? Between the red and green hair, up a little ways?

Wow, lots of good info here. Wasn't expecting it to be honest. Also good to know that others also have this strange curiosity.

Said it before, this forum is the best I've been too, though I tend to stick to the evo root sub-forum, its good to know that the same level of etiquette is around this whole place

There should be a "Super-Thanks!" button to give everyone here a big thumbs up.

Upvote 0
Chris and Yeahha basically summed it up. Banning someone isn't a single decision, especially permanent bans. It is the result of repeat offences where the person just doesn't want to follow the site rules that he or she agreed to follow. We ban a lot of users per day (vast majority are spammers) and there are times when we have a report that requires more attention, especially if its someone with a track record. Several of us put forth our opinions on the matter and come to a conclusion on what we believe should be done. Some of us are a bit more lenient than others but the end conclusion is from a collective agreement. Banning someone is a matter that we don't take lightly and that we wish we really never have to make but like society, not everyone wants to follow the agreed upon rules.

Post count really has nothing to do with bans since we never take that into account. Banning someone with 50 posts who makes posts attacking other members or hate speech would be exactly the same as banning someone with 5000 posts. Warnings, probations, temp bans, longer temp bans, and permanent bans is the typical route that is taken... So for someone to be permanently banned, that either takes work over the time that he or she was a member or a few select posts where they spout hate rhetoric (as one example).

One easy way to not risking yourself of getting in trouble... Avoid the Politics and Current Events subforum. Thatll decrease your chances by around 73.5% +/- 20%. :p

Btw, many people have made the mistake it is CHRLSWLTRS (just my name without the vowels) that is why I put my mane in my sig

Charlie, not Chris

Upvote 0
One of the better threads I've seen in the Lounge, 9to5cynic.. good on you for asking your questions openly as you did.
icon14.gif
Thanks Frisco.

But how could any other post I make follow this one?! Not only did a boat load of mods show up, the site admin popped in! Now I'll need to really plan ahead my next posts lol.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Thanks Frisco.

But how could any other post I make follow this one?! Not only did a boat load of mods show up, the site admin popped in! Now I'll need to really plan ahead my next posts lol.

You're getting sleepy... sleepy... sleepy...

You're going to offer to make us all sammiches... sammiches... sammmmmmiches...And then you won't be able to get rid us.....SNAP!

So.

I'm sure you'll think of something.

Upvote 0
Btw, many people have made the mistake it is CHRLSWLTRS (just my name without the vowels) that is why I put my mane in my sig

Charlie, not Chris

Oh... I knew that Charlie. It was just umm... a test... of... some sort... ;)

The test was whether or not a guide would correct a mod in public...and you failed! Banned! :p

No where in the rules does it state that mods will get your name right...cause if it did...I'd be breaking the rules everyday. After all...10 years of marriage and I still call my wife Honey! LOL :D (BTW I always thought your name was Chris...oops)

Thanks Frisco.

Ahhh...we have a few sets of eyes on you now. I would recommend you "thread" lightly :eek:

Haha...see what I did there? Sorry...I'm sleep deprived...I'll can the bad jokes for tonight :)

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0
The test was whether or not a guide would correct a mod in public...and you failed! Banned! :p

No where in the rules does it state that mods will get your name right...cause if it did...I'd be breaking the rules everyday. After all...10 years of marriage and I still call my wife Honey! LOL :D (BTW I always thought your name was Chris...oops)

Someone has to keep the mods in check :cool:

Upvote 0

Someone? No...I'm afraid this is one of those "it takes a village" kind of things LOL!

Especially NightAngel! Everywhere he goes he thinks he playing the "ban the person above you" forum game :D

Edit: Just saw Vihzel jump on my double posting too. I am just trying to catch up to the other Mods in post count. But if you two don't cut me some slack...you'll be added to my ban count (and now we get back on topic :D)

Upvote 0

All Hail Phases,

There has been a certain green staff member that has been wreaking havoc, perhaps irreversible damage, to the reputation and authoritative image of The Moderators of Android Forums. I firmly believe something drastic must be done to preserve and prevent further desecration or else we, red gods, will go on strike and leave you and to a lesser extent, Rob, to fend off the spammers. Feel free to contact my secretary, Frisco, to set up an appointment for further discussion on this matter.

Your Loyal Follower,

Vih

P.S. I have also been hearing about a potential revolution by green imps. Those revolutionaries must be dealt with severely behind closed doors as to prevent a civil war.

:D:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones