• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont worry man, they wont give you an infraction for that! youre on their side in the situation. Dont get me wrong The mods are all nice dudes... I just think the power is abused. VTAK im sure ur a nice dude we just have differing opinions. Doesnt mean we cant be friends.... Well... you driving a Honda means we cant... but thats besides the point :p I kIID I KIiid

Upvote 0
Well ill say it i guess, im rather irritated this morning anyway

sensesfail, i remember when you were here before, and you were pretty cool too.... What exact mission are you on right now?

Following simple, loose, rules is not being a sheep, it is being a moral human being, i guess i'll let it slide for you since you are a vampire and all, but really, there is nothing in the rules that makes it "not fun" for me to be here and learn and help people.

The staff here is rather lax imo, hell i wish they would be a little more strict if anything, you see there are all these rent-a-mods, wannabe staffers, wannabe admins, running around all over the site bashing this and that, and they would do this different, and this isn't fair, blah blah. What most don't realize is 2 fold (although there are other factors)

1. They are not staff, or admins on any sites, they don't see what goes on behind the scenes.
2. They are staff on a small forum that gives them a skewed view of how things work on a large/fastpaced forum, after all small forums are small forums for a reason....and it's not because the admins want them that way.

All this free speech and liberty and stuff, just kindly stfu, there is no free speech on a privately owned website, and from what i have seen the staff is pretty lax on enforcing any language offenses anyway.

As other have mentioned, i think it would be hilarious if you had your prophecy fulfilled and caught the ban hammer..."just because"...but you won't, yet, more then likely, cause the staff lets a lot slide...

Upvote 0
Actually, I kind of like this Sensesfail guy.

He's not over-the-top rule-breaking, as far as I can see. He's quite sensitive to authority being expressed, for sure. Ever seen the TV show, "Cops?"

He's the guy who gets pulled over for not using his turn signal, but then the situation escalates into him being wrestled to the ground and cuffed because of his expressed righteous indignation. ;)

It's all good, folks. He hurts not a soul. And he's a crusader for truth and justice and .. his jollies, apparently. :D

Reactions: i VTAK
Upvote 0
Well... you driving a Honda means we cant... but thats besides the point

Nah if he drives a Honda we just make him pay for everything when we go out, he's got the money.

Sensesfail99, I'd make the title under your name "banned" just because.

See what I mean when I say that forums shouldn't be administered based on popular opinion? I bet I could swing the votes to get him a Hello Kitty avatar for a week, too!

Upvote 0
Actually, I kind of like this Sensesfail guy.

He's not over-the-top rule-breaking, as far as I can see. He's quite sensitive to authority being expressed, for sure. Ever seen the TV show, "Cops?"

He's the guy who gets pulled over for not using his turn signal, but then the situation escalates into him being wrestled to the ground and cuffed because of his expressed righteous indignation. ;)

It's all good, folks. He hurts not a soul. And he's a crusader for truth and justice and .. his jollies, apparently. :D

Actually!!!!!!!!!!! Once i got pulled over for going 10 over... I noticed the cops head light was out... he was going to write me a ticket and I said well sir... isnt it against the rules for you to be driving around with a headlight out? he said he didnt even notice it until i pointed it out and said that i was right and i got lucky :) no ticket for me :)

Just an FYI I like this forum more then i dislike it! I dont agree with some things on here and im not afraid to express my opinion.... thats it.... and it doesnt make me wrong if my opinions dont match everyone elses.... aShivers is a nice dude... I dont dislike him... We dont see eye to eye, but oh well! I also like coming on here because some of you are a good source of entertainment :p

Upvote 0
Actually!!!!!!!!!!! Once i got pulled over for going 10 over... I noticed the cops head light was out... he was going to write me a ticket and I said well sir... isnt it against the rules for you to be driving around with a headlight out? he said he didnt even notice it until i pointed it out and said that i was right and i got lucky :) no ticket for me :)

Just an FYI I like this forum more then i dislike it! I dont agree with some things on here and im not afraid to express my opinion.... thats it.... and it doesnt make me wrong if my opinions dont match everyone elses.... aShivers is a nice dude... I dont dislike him... We dont see eye to eye, but oh well! I also like coming on here because some of you are a good source of entertainment :p

Point taken. You've express your opinion, and I agree that we all have our own opinion. I hope you don't sound like a broken record and say it over and over again, like I said, we all got it and you don't have to repeat it.

Now let's all move on to something else... Cheers!

Upvote 0
All Im doing it stating my opinion and it seems like since my opinion doesnt match yours or the other guys my opinion is automatically wrong......

And yet, because others opinions may differ from yours we are "sheep"?

I dont agree with some things on here and im not afraid to express my opinion.... thats it.... and it doesnt make me wrong if my opinions dont match everyone elses....

Others, including me, expressed their opinion. They apparently didn't meet your criteria for non-sheepdom. That doesn't make them wrong, merely different. That's it.

Are we not allowed the same freedom of opinion you demand?

Upvote 0
And yet, because others opinions may differ from yours we are "sheep"?

Others, including me, expressed their opinion. They apparently didn't meet your criteria for non-sheepdom. That doesn't make them wrong, merely different. That's it.

Are we not allowed the same freedom of opinion you demand?

If we're to extend your logic (and his), then "sheep" is his expressed opinion of some other members here; it needs no special pivotal point beyond other of his posted opinions.

Also, it certainly does not need to be used as a point of departure for those he's calling that, as if "sheep" is something you agree with him as to your own rule-following behavior here just because he is characterizing that behavior as that of a "sheep."

Upvote 0
I'll just stay a vamp thanks. ;)

I can't say as I blame you.. great company.. ;)

z204544872.jpg

Upvote 0
I guess im a troll :-( cant i be a leprechaun though? theyre small like trolls :p

Troll: One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Leprechaun: A vertically challenged pedophile who tricks little children into eating his magically delicious "lucky charms." Some say he's not even human. They say that the clover on his hat is his source of power. There is no way to destory it except to match it's awesome might. This is why on St. Patrick's Day, some children nearly went mad pawing at the ground, searching for a four-leaf clover. I encourage you to do the same, for the leprechaun equinox is near... Lucky's power will be at a climax, and by daybreak the world will be his.

[Via Urban Dictionary]

I'd say a bit of both..

Upvote 0
I guess im a troll :-( cant i be a leprechaun though? theyre small like trolls :p

If this is in response to my post, I never meant to imply any such thing. In fact, up 'til this whole "sheep" business I've never had any problem with you nor your posts. I just found that somewhat insulting.

Happy posting & peace Mr. Leprechaun.

Upvote 0
A thread where all the personalities of AF are present in person or thought?!
I think the mods do fine here. I actively participate in 6 forums and the mods here seem to have a good balance. Though some of the members have a chip on their shoulder. Part of being on a forum is expecting to be offended. Not every one is from your area. Many people from many different walks of life and along with that a good sampling of opinions.

I wanna be either Ninja or Pirate, or Ninja-pirate.:p

Upvote 0
No contest, Ninja's pwn pirates in everyway. If you had a hybrid, the Ninja half would kill the whole thing. They loath pirates that much.

But there is no "national talk like a ninja day" like there is for pirates. It's awesome to scare the half asleep co-workers in the morning of sep 26 with a resounding "AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR" as the spill their coffee......

btw I plundered this thread ;)

Upvote 0
No contest, Ninja's pwn pirates in everyway. If you had a hybrid, the Ninja half would kill the whole thing. They loath pirates that much.

+1

You know what was absolutely wrong? My husband debated with me over ninja vs. pirates for 20 minutes. He sat there spreading all kinds of propaganda about pirates being able to absolutely destroy ninjas. I couldn't believe it! The love of my life had fallen prey to that ridiculous cult of "ARRRR" and "Matey!" He let me sweat for a bit and then he said, "You know what? I really don't like pirates that much, I was just pulling your chain..."

I think I am going to sleep with one eye open from now on, you never know what he's up to.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones