• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

banning, suing and us ?

when a product is banned, who takes the fall ?...we do because something we wanted is no longer available. when apple sues samsung, who takes the brunt ?...we do, why ?...because the product eg GS2 is far more expensive, because samsung must get that money from somewhere...and that somewhere is its customers. so we are basically indirectly paying apple. what has apple become ?

Here is a news report of the dutch trials. Apple en Samsung halen fel naar elkaar uit | nu.nl/gadgets | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
It is in dutch. Use google translate for your translating needs.

And for fun:
Apple's purported evidence submitted to the court included side-by-side image comparisons of Apple iPhone 3GS and Galaxy S i9000 to illustrate the alleged similarities in packaging and icons for apps. The images were later found to have been tampered with in order to make the dimensions and features of the two differing products seem more similar.[107] [108] [109][110] [105] [111] [112] [113] [114] [115]
source: Apple Inc. litigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
I'm tempted to google what samsung spends on law suits per year then google how many devices they sell in one year. do the math cost of law suits divided by sold devices = how much extra we pay per device because of law suits. or do this for HTC or Moto or whoever else even apple.

not that I hate apple products...on the contrary I love the iPhone but I dislike their company practices (suing and banning).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones