• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Bar None I Own A Bunch Of Cases For My Evo This Is the Best and Its $3.59

This case is beautiful. Its a one piece not rubber something like the Amzer case but it is colored exactly to match the phone. The back is a flat black and the upper part is glossy black. When its on the phone you cant tell its a case. AND its less than $4 no brainier. It offers great protection as well AND COVERS the camera bezel. BUY IT YOU WONT BE SORRY. I will post pics of mine when I can.

BLACK FLEXISHIELD GEL CASE COVER FOR HTC EVO 4G 4TH - eBay (item 170505425396 end time Jul-25-10 20:28:56 PDT)

SEE NEW PICTURES IN POST #15

So is it a TPU type material if it's not rubber/silicone?

The back has a silky feel to it not rubber and the upper gloss part is smooth and hard feeling. Not like rubber at all. When its on you will gasp because the two finishes are so close to the phones finishes it just disappears on the phone. Its coming from Hong Kong but mine took only about a week to arrive. I bought a second one for shits and giggles its so cheap.

Upvote 0
These must be snap on cases right? The one I had from Sprint was easy to put on but hard to take off and was very fragile at the top of the volume buttons. How about this one? Just in case if it falls on a hard/concrete floor how safe do you think the EVO would be?

Well its a one piece case. The case has a ridge around it, and it locks around the screen edge more or less. Its a tight fit and no way will it just fall off, to get it off the phone you sort of have to twist and stretch it. The case is pretty thick and will absorb shock. Hey its $3.59 just buy it and give it a try its cheaper than a cup of coffee at Starfux.

Upvote 0
So does the Ebay case have the raised bevel around the camera lens to help protect it (like in the above posters' pics)?

Yes it does, here are better pics..

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 914
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    531.6 KB · Views: 838
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 925
Upvote 0
Yes. This case is the bomb.

I got it to replace my hard black rubberized case that cracked. ..(how I don't know).

Only draw back is it is a little hard to press on/off and volume controls.

I believe it is the same case as misticjeff.'s... I have a clear frosty on order from him.

Also, I got mine on eBay for. $ 2 shipped :) !!! This case is great.

Upvote 0
Yes. This case is the bomb.

I got it to replace my hard black rubberized case that cracked. ..(how I don't know).

Only draw back is it is a little hard to press on/off and volume controls.

I believe it is the same case as misticjeff.'s... I have a clear frosty on order from him.

Also, I got mine on eBay for. $ 2 shipped :) !!! This case is great.

What I did to fix the power button issue is to take a razor blade and slit the case above and below the button. This allows the area above the button to flex more easily when pushing the power button.

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 486
Reactions: hankbear
Upvote 0
What I did to fix the power button issue is to take a razor blade and slit the case above and below the button. This allows the area above the button to flex more easily when pushing on the area above the button.

Thanks for this tip!!!!!!!!

The cases I got from MysticJeff are exactly like this, and your fix makes the power button totally work like there was not even a case on it!

I have some other TPU cases that have extra stuff between the button on the phone and the button of the case which work very well, but I like this style case better. The frosted look is fantastic.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this tip!!!!!!!!

The cases I got from MysticJeff are exactly like this, and your fix makes the power button totally work like there was not even a case on it!

I have some other TPU cases that have extra stuff between the button on the phone and the button of the case which work very well, but I like this style case better. The frosted look is fantastic.

You are very welcome! This case is a bit thicker than most TPU cases so thats why I think this one is harder to activate the on/off button. The slits help alot.

Upvote 0
Well its a one piece case. The case has a ridge around it, and it locks around the screen edge more or less. Its a tight fit and no way will it just fall off, to get it off the phone you sort of have to twist and stretch it. The case is pretty thick and will absorb shock. Hey its $3.59 just buy it and give it a try its cheaper than a cup of coffee at Starfux.
Thanks for the review! I meant what if the phone falls off not the case :), which you already answered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones